JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just finished posting four ads on CL. Three different Brass for sale ads and one for some Lee Loaders. Two brass ads were flagged and removed almost immediately but the 3rd and the ad for the Lee Loaders is still up. The only difference was the two brass ads that got flagged included die sets. Did the addition of the dies get the two flagged?

Craigslist is very inconsistent. I think it depends on how soon it gets flagged (flagging is done only by readers), and who looks at it and makes the evaluation. I've seen firearms ad go on for a week, and I've seen perfectly reasonable ads for reloading supplies get yanked. Post it again with a slightly different title.

Thanks - just after posting my question I was thinking about it and another 'common thread' with the two flagged ads was I included the phrase "This is NOT loaded ammo" so my thought is maybe the word ammo did it. I'll retry without the ammo reference and see what happens.

As said Flagging on Craigslist is a reader driven completely manual process. There is not a computer program keeping watch. In the vintage audio collecting hobby we have seen ads flagged and the only possible reason is someone is in competition on an item or they don't want someone getting to an item before they have the chance. There are ways a single person can get an ad flagged (some software thing) but it normally takes a number of people to do it.

One flag per IP address. If you have an overseas IP account that is untraceable, then you can flag more than once. This was explained to me by my nerdy computer friend.

i think its the anti gun old bitty's that do it.i had a scope flagged.
maybe i should go flag all the quilt makers,and liberal garb on there....
oh ski's?flag!
golf clubs?...flag!
stupid anyone can flag you on there if they dont like what you're selling.

Agreed. I've had stuff flagged from scopes to drills. It is a free site with no accountability for actions really. Your better ff posting it on nwfa then possibly going to eBay. Just depends on what it is.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top