JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not Craigslist unless you see it in the Terms of use. It would be as the guys above say individuals flagging your ad.

In the vintage stereo collecting hobby guys will flag other persons ads if they compete with theirs. Supposedly there is a way a single person can flag an ad enough to get it pulled. I do not know how that works but I have heard of it happening.

From the terms of use:

Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.

So I guess someone could call empty Brass "Ammunition" and a Holster as "Weapons related"

This is just another example of anonymity leading to a false sense of empowerment. I gave up on Craigslist selling a long time ago. I have had everything up to and including cars flagged for removal by the community because the ad wasn't written in the fashion that they felt was "proper". In the case of the car, because I described the work I had done to the motor, including an extensive description of the supercharger, I was told I was over-hyping it with pointless info. To quote some of the feedback in the forum section (where you can have your ad reviewed to see why it got flagged), I was told I should just stick to the mileage and condition and, oh, some additional "unsolicited feedback" that Corvettes were gay, and that I obviously couldn't get a hard on if I had to buy a car like that in the first place, yada yada yada.

:nuts:

Anonymous moderators. Yeah, THAT'S a good idea - I copied and saved the entire forum thread for that one because it was hilarious just how bent out of shape people got for something that actually had nothing to do with them in the first place. It never ceases to amaze me how the "peace and love" crowd can be filled with so much rage.

no worries man. I've been posting a motorcycle for sale and it keeps getting flagged although there are no CL violations.

the wonders of having a community managed/monitored application.

I have posted ads on CL that were pretty generic about "Military Surplus gear" and had it flagged for removal. There is definitely both a bias and people who are unethical about competing there. But I still get a lt of use out of it.

And for the free enterprise comment immediately above, nobody here appears to have suggested legislating how CL does business. Free speech is another of those civil guarantees, and feedback is one of the ways that the Internet manages to function at all, with the nominal anonymity lowering trust levels. I encourage everyone to complain about things that they find inconvenient. Positive suggestions on how to overcome the problem would be even better of course, but throw-away comments are worth less than complaints.

About the only thing I've used craigslist for has been housing rental ads. Even there its gotten bad with spammers posting fake houses/apts. with phone numbers in another state or numbers that lead to scammers trying to get your private info.

They are 25% owned by eBay, which also bans brass, so I would at least expect similar responses. But it is probably some idiot who is searching & flagging anything he doesn't like/agree with.

Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
"

I see this stuff on the Seattle Craigslist everyday. There is a guy up here selling live ammo and states to hury before the add gets flagged again. I have bought a stripped AR receiver off the list. That is what is happening. Some efin do gooder thinks they knows what's best for the people and takes it upon themselves to flag your add. Just do what they do to you, flag EVERYTHING that YOU don't like or aggree with. But damn, that takes a lot of time.

Use it to your advantage. A craigslist account is free and one can post ads much faster. If you repost it will be at the top of the list more often and piss off the anti's even more.

I see a little of everything on eugene cragslist, sometimes even guns.
craigslist is monitored by users. so if i see something i dont like on cragslist, i can hit the flag option on the viewed page, once 3 people flag your ad, it automatically gets removed..just depends on how many anti-gun people are looking and flagging what they percieve is improper, regardless of wether its a real violation or not,users can flag off ANY ad if 3 people flag it...., kinda sucks, but oh well. I still like craigslist. must have a handful of anti gun people lurking on craigslist down there.

I'm late to this forum but just fed up with craig. I've had many accessories taken down for no reason, not sure why they won't even allow ammo but their loss. But i'm done using them. Thank god for sites like KSL (now closed also) and backpage.com. bubblegum you buy/sell/trade anything there, and i mean ANYTHING. I heard about it from my cousin in Arizona where its pretty popular-not sure why. He sent me this link recently, (backpage.com) great for new ammo and accessories, also good for people who don't care about f2f sales with FFL transfers.

However I also prefer local f2f sales and just check their Utah "spots equipment page" think this is it: utah - sports equipment for sale - backpage.com

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top