JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I bought a handful of the hexmags for the ar15. Left a bunch of them loaded as I do my milspec aluminum mags and my Pmags. Go to rearrange a few things and found that every single one I left loaded had cracked at the seam and now they don't hold bubblegum. Kind of upset and I reached out to hexmag to see what they will do or say.

Anyone else have this type of thing happen? Any use for these mags now or am I SOL unless hexmag decides to replace?

Thats polymer mags for ya.
Let us know about the warranty, maybe they'll replace them?

I know it doesnt help the situation, but your experiance is what J had a while ago and is why Im not a fan of non reinforced polymer mags
(I.e. magpul or hex mags).

180 degree hot mag drop test will show deformation to feed lips on metal mags.
No deformation to Pmags.

I see feed lip damage as a bigger problem to AR mags than melting.
And Pmags are more resistant to this damage.

Of course all polymer/plastic mags are not equal. ;)

also poly mags don't crush or deform. They rebound nice most the time or just break. They can actually take much more physical abuse for the sole reason they don't dint
but like Medic says not all poly is created equal and some is just plain to brittle

Eight years of using USGI mags in all sorts of extreme real world environments during missions, and I have never had a problem with any of them during my service time. ;)
Really? I remember bad mags being a pretty common problem. We had a standard way of marking them when we found one, then we would turn them into the battalion armory for a replacement. I think we put electrical tape around the feed end, so we would know they were bad.

Really? I remember bad mags being a pretty common problem. We had a standard way of marking them when we found one, then we would turn them into the battalion armory for a replacement. I think we put electrical tape around the feed end, so we would know they were bad.

I didnt say I never came across a bad USGI mag, I said they never gave me any trouble... ;)

Of course, if the Marines would stop clenching the mags between their butt cheeks when using stripper-clips that would help! :p

EVERYTHING eventually wears out.... everything. :D

And there are guys that can say they have been walking this earth for 50 years!

And yet they never wore out a pair of walking shoes? :D

Danners (to this day) last me about a year... maybe two.

As for 50yr olds never wearing out a pair of walking shoes... I'll bet they've gone through a metric FRIK-TON of batteries in the TV remote! :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I didnt say I never came across a bad USGI mag, I said they never gave me any trouble... ;)

Of course, if the Marines would stop clenching the mags between their butt checks when using stripper-clips that would help! :p
I thought that was how you were supposed to do it? Am I doing it wrong? Crap! I'm just doing it the way they told me to!

The really bad part is Marines think they're too tough to wash their hands, and not put just about EVERYTHING in their mouths! :eek:
:D;)
The difference between an Officer and an Enlisted Man:

A fresh 2ndLt. and a Ssgt walked into the head at the same time. Having finished, the Ssgt headed for the door, while the 2ndLt. headed to the sink to wash up. As the Ssgt. opened the door, the young officer spoke "'Excuse me Ssgt., but my mother taught me to wash my hands after I go to the bathroom." Without missing a step, the salty staff NCO replied: "Well Sir, my mother taught me not to p!ss on my hands."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top