JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Jetty Fishery and Kelly's Marine are 3 rings and a 14' boat starting at about $90 for the first two hours and like $50 for every hour after that.
Is there another rental out of wheeler? Last time I went the the Jetty Fishery, they told me I was too rough on the crabs (because i tossed them back instead of gently kissing them before swimming them back to the bottom)... Now I don't mind saying that if you like to boycott liberal owned companies, there is one for ya.
LOL...I wonder what they think about putting them in a boiling pot?

LOL...I wonder what they think about putting them in a boiling pot?
...exactly...
Kelly is related, and there is a lot of dock drama between the two places (part of the fun). Tho from what I hear he is a lot more down to Earth, but he will kick you out for keeping undersized crab and females.

I've got the itch now... let's see if i can convince the SO to go for her birthday tomorrow! ;)

...exactly...
Kelly is related, and there is a lot of dock drama between the two places (part of the fun). Tho from what I hear he is a lot more down to Earth, but he will kick you out for keeping undersized crab and females.

I've got the itch now... let's see if i can convince the SO to go for her birthday tomorrow! ;)
Post some pics of your catch if you do:D

Have you ever had blue crabs from the Chesapeake Bay?
And Oysters, too. Never went fishing for them. Sis and BIL would bring back ice chests full every time they drove back to MI from NC. Gluttony may be a sin, but I was in heaven then. :rolleyes:

Only $10 for a shellfish license too..I'm surprised they don't charge you an extra $9.00 to look at them with your eye, plus $12.50 if you want to cook the, and another $5.00 to eat them.
Don't go giving Bloody Kate any new 'tardeas ! :mad:

Never been crabbing on the Pacific...I'd be into it big time

Have you ever had Dungenous from the Nehalem?

Well criminy! I should really start hitting the coast then!
Do any salmon fishing? I'm all set just rearing for the signal!

We definitely need an NWFA fishing/crabbing trip. Maybe we can get @Caveman Jim to lead it. My 16' console can hold 2 in addition to me, which is okay for crabbing. Will fit 2 comfortably for fishing

Oh Man, We used to slay Crabs out of Tillimook over by the Light House, six pots full in 4 hours, and a few keeper Chinook for our troubles! Always love PNW Crab the best, I would take that over Main Lobster any day!:D
Don't think I'm gonna get the boat out this year, but if I could, I can take 6 people, and have room for at least 9 or 10 pots! The trick is to "borrow" my buddies Jon Bot and drag out more pots!

Oh yeah, it's pretty fair. Just make sure you don't keep any undersized or female crabs. I hear it's about a grand per crab.
They give you one, and maybe two honest mistakes if they are close to legal. They also use your measurement device, which is pretty fair.

Edit: last time I got boarded the first one they measured was just a smidge undersized. Very embarrassing since we are usually very careful. That's where I found out about the one\two mistake rule. Yesterday a female crab managed to fall into the live well. Good thing we heard the splash :confused:

Last Edited:
They give you one, and maybe two honest mistakes if they are close to legal. They also use your measurement device, which is pretty fair.
That's good of them, as you wouldn't want to put off beginners making an honest go of it.
I also appreciate the 5 3/4" rule in Oregon, which seems lenient compared to other states.

That's good of them, as you wouldn't want to put off beginners making an honest go of it.
I also appreciate the 5 3/4" rule in Oregon, which seems lenient compared to other states.
Heck yeah on the 5 3/4ths! We are never picky about size, if it's legal it's getting eaten!

Heck yeah on the 5 3/4ths! We are never picky about size, if it's legal it's getting eaten!
Well ya get a chance to keep twelve a piece between three traps, so why bother releasing legal sized crab before you limit out? LoL
PS: like all things, the younger they are they better they taste... ;)

It's been about 8 years since I've developed a food allergy for most things that originate from water.

I miss crab the most.

I'm ready!

saupload_epipen-development-2.jpg

Well ya get a chance to keep twelve a piece between three traps, so why bother releasing legal sized crab before you limit out? LoL
I've read some posts on ifish (when I used to frequent the site) where some people seriously high grade their crab. Nothing wrong with that at all, but our family motto is "aim low" lol

We definitely need an NWFA fishing/crabbing trip. Maybe we can get @Caveman Jim to lead it. My 16' console can hold 2 in addition to me, which is okay for crabbing. Will fit 2 comfortably for fishing

I'd really love to but that's down in Oregun & I'm up here in Cali-ton (Warshifornia)....
We crab out of Westport in Grays harbor.

I would be willing to mosey on down in the commuter car, jump in a members boat & help with the piloting duties to & from the crab pots. :p:D:p:D

I'd really love to but that's down in Oregun & I'm up here in Cali-ton (Warshifornia)....
We crab out of Westport in Grays harbor.

I would be willing to mosey on down in the commuter car, jump in a members boat & help with the piloting duties to & from the crab pots. :p:D:p:D
You can ride in my boat with @bbbass! ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top