Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Crab are filling up

nwslopoke

Reactions
Reactions
No I haven't. Any good ?
They are delicious. The bay water gives the meat a sweet and rich, almost buttery flavor. We steam them with a liberal coating of old bay and a dash of cider vinegar in the water. The Jimmies(males) taste the better than the Sooks(females) and are usually more expensive. Plus the females are the reproducers, so we like to throw them back.

I’d love to get into some fresh out of the water Dungeness sometime. I have only had them pre-cooked.

Flymph

Reactions
I have not. This should be fun:D
I've never met anyone who prefers the blue over dungenous. ;)
There are some docks you can pay to crab from on nehalem bay and some free ones on tillamook bay. Of course Nehalem bay has the best crab, but they're all pretty good. Except I hear willapa bay crab have the least desireable flavor. It's easy, I might head out tomorrow!

Flymph

Reactions
Only $10 for a shellfish license too..I’m surprised they don’t charge you an extra $9.00 to look at them with your eye, plus $12.50 if you want to cook the, and another $5.00 to eat them.
Oh yeah, it's pretty fair. Just make sure you don't keep any undersized or female crabs. I hear it's about a grand per crab.

Flymph

Reactions
Iirc you can rent aluminum fishing boats with tiller motors at nehalem bay they seat up to 4, includes life jackets, fuel, baited crab rings and everything for like $50hr.
The Jetty Fishery and Kelly's Marine are 3 rings and a 14' boat starting at about $90 for the first two hours and like $50 for every hour after that.
Is there another rental out of wheeler? Last time I went the the Jetty Fishery, they told me I was too rough on the crabs (because i tossed them back instead of gently kissing them before swimming them back to the bottom)...

Last edited:
Reactions
Iirc you can rent aluminum fishing boats with tiller motors at nehalem bay they seat up to 4, includes life jackets, fuel, baited crab rings and everything for like $50hr.
I saw an outfit called Kelly’s Marina. They were $100/ 2 hours. They have tent camping as well as RV camping. Might not be a bad overnighter.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet
  • Seattle Rifle & Pistol Association
    5.00 star(s)
    This is a members only club. They have had and have some issues that cause membership to fluctuate a bit. There are more rules than shooting in...
    • coltemp

Staff online