CPR first aid training

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by EPS, Mar 10, 2018.

1. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

So today was a very nice day up here in Washington so guess what I spent the whole day doing .lol 9 to 5 all day today med class first aid training and CPR class 1604.jpeg 1602.jpeg 1600.jpeg 1598.jpeg

2. IOM

IOM
    ONP, Wa
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Excellent, not sure if it's work mandatory or for self improvement, you will never know how important it is until you use it for the very first time... Hopefully, never...

Good for you EPS...

TeacherSmurf and Alexx1401 like this.
  3. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes

I was trained years ago like 25 year's ago when I worked on fishing boat but so much has changed sense then .my sister's fire station does this twice are year for who ever wants to do it $30 bucks every thing from CPR to the ECD OR THE SHOK THING . bleeding CAT bandages bla bla bla like I said it was 8 hours

4. Kruel J

Kruel J
    Orygun
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice job, I keep my certs up to date as well. I've had to perform CPR on someone in the past so I make sure I'm always current.

5. Stomper

Stomper
    Plata O Plomo....
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter 2018 Volunteer

You were thinking about eating that baby, weren’t you?! o_O

:D

AndyinEverson, EPS and IOM like this.
  6. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes

So we got into lot of details about different stuff of course I brought up gun shot wounds because they were talking about cuts and stabing and stuff that the training people have seen and delt with they where paramedics or and EMT so we got into CHEST seal and CAT TOURNIQUET blood STOPPING and how to make chest seals with different stuff like zip lock bags and stuff like that it was a great class im glad I did it

Oathkeeper1775 and AndyinEverson like this.
  7. IOM

IOM
    ONP, Wa
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's about lunch time and he was there for 8 hours...:eek:

AndyinEverson likes this.
  8. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes

Actually your right it was right before lunch time lol the Cheif of the fire department where my sister is his wife made everyone lunch she was there all day cooking for us lol . that's not going to happen at every class just up here on the island

Oathkeeper1775 and IOM like this.
  9. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes

I would recommend any body who has not done this to do it it's worth the $30 bucks accully one of the other guys in the class was a doctor but HE AND THE EMTS SAID THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT ON THE STREETS TO WHAT HAPPENS IN THE HOSPITAL .this stuff helps people make it to the hospital

rick benjamin and Oathkeeper1775 like this.
  10. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775
    NW Oregon
    VINCE AUT MORIRE Silver Supporter

Jealous,

My last training was 1999 or 2000 or so. Just got a cool pdf on Survival & Austere Medicine, so much to learn.

EPS likes this.
  11. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes

It's way different now my last training was 93 or 96 some where in that time

Oathkeeper1775 likes this.