1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

CPL Renewal

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ikari2_2000, Apr 11, 2010.

1. ikari2_2000

ikari2_2000 Seattle, WA Member

Mine was originally issued in Ellensburg, I live in Edmonds now. Before it expires, can I renew in Edmonds or will I have to go back to Ellensburg? Also, just out of curiosity, will the state notify you that your CPL will expire like they do with car tabs and drivers license?
  2. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Oregon Member

Unless they changed Washington State County's do not send out a notice about your CCW expiring. And the permit should be issued from the county you live in.:thumbup:

Blue Skies
  3. Splat762

Splat762 Everett, WA Member

Yup they don't notify you...it says 5 years on the license for a reason I guess, lol.

If you live in Edmonds I'm thinking you'll have to renew with King County.

4. Dan360

Dan360 Olympia, WA Member

You will have to renew in your new county of residence and I believe you have to update your CPL every time you move with your current address. Don't let it get down to the wire because some counties charge a "late renewal fee" and it sucks to have to pay that. I live in Thurston County and they have your CPL to you no later than a week after applying. Some counties are different and I have a sneaking suspicion that King Co. might drag their feet.
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

doesn't send out renewal notices or at least Clark County doesn't, Oregon does, or at least Multnomah county does. Waiting for my OR renewal to get here now. My OR license expires on the 20th so it was due. Last time I renewed my OR license I had to go in early as both the temp and regular one expired on the same day. This year they said all I would have had to do was have my renewal filed by the exp of the old one. WA I think has to be in early or you have to do without till the new one arrives.