JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's good anywhere you go in Washington state...it's a state CPL, not a county one. Just when you renew it, you'll have to do it in the county you RESIDE in. Not the current county you just happen to be visiting at the time.

It's good anywhere you go in Washington state...it's a state CPL, not a county one. Just when you renew it, you'll have to do it in the county you RESIDE in. Not the current county you just happen to be visiting at the time.

I live in town now, so the address is wrong on it... do I have to renew it? Im still in the same county, just in town now, and a different address...

I live in town now, so the address is wrong on it... do I have to renew it? Im still in the same county, just in town now, and a different address...

You do not have to replace, renew or update anything on your CPL. It is recommended, however, that you update your current address on your Driver's Licence with the DMV. You must have your CPL with a state/federal picture ID when you carry concealed. Your DL should have your most current address on file (most likely they wont issue you a new DL, they will just add a sticky tap on the back with the new address).

Whenever LEO asks you for your CPL, they will ask for your state/federal issued photo ID (i.e. DL, Passport, Military ID, ect.). When they check you for wants/warrants, your CPL will show up under your driver's license number for the state of Washington.

Even if you switched counties, it doesn't matter. If anyone asks why the address doesn't match all you have to do is say that that was your former address when you applied for your CPL. No other action is necessary.

You do not have to replace, renew or update anything on your CPL. It is recommended, however, that you update your current address on your Driver's Licence with the DMV. You must have your CPL with a state/federal picture ID when you carry concealed. Your DL should have your most current address on file (most likely they wont issue you a new DL, they will just add a sticky tap on the back with the new address).

Whenever LEO asks you for your CPL, they will ask for your state/federal issued photo ID (i.e. DL, Passport, Military ID, ect.). When they check you for wants/warrants, your CPL will show up under your driver's license number for the state of Washington.

Even if you switched counties, it doesn't matter. If anyone asks why the address doesn't match all you have to do is say that that was your former address when you applied for your CPL. No other action is necessary.

Correct!!! I called the PD last week.... today I got a call and was able to ask my question. The officer said "we really dont care about your address as long as you have your cpl in the system and its current, In fact you could even write your new address with a pen if you want to but you dont have to" I have already changed my address on my DL so I am Good to Go

THanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads