JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
its our right to bear arms. requiring a license to exercise a RIGHT is unconstitutional. however, i am a law abiding citizen(for now...with the way things are headed on the west coast) and i choose to obey the law. if the law SAYS i need a license to conceal carry i'll get one. i hate it. but i would also hate going to jail and losing my rights more.

True, but nowhere in the 2A does it say anything about concealed. I personally have no problem with the CC permit process. I don't think just ANYONE should be walking around with a concealed handgun.

a Right they already have, unfortunately no federal entity will be bailing you out of local incarceration or going to bat for you with your state.

their privacy is being taken in everything they do and they're growing tired of it. Tooooo late!!! And nothing you can do will erase yourself from their black book as long as you continue to exist in any civilized manner.
Though we have "rights" constitutionally given to us unlike most in this world, we have state and federally positioned losers that refuse to heed their oaths of office and enforce those rights upon the increasingly dissenting and rebellious states.
Unenforced laws continue to exist for the most part for the powerful to yield as blackmail and coercion when manipulating the masses.
Not unlike a broken license plate light, while many exist, rarely are anyone actually pulled over for that, instead leaving it for potential future access to your vehicle when no other probable cause exist.
Should you be caught, no media will paint you as a martyr preferring instead to vilify you in the publics collective mind. Being a martyr when nothing changes will only hurt yourself and your family. Better to toe the line whilst playing the game to legally change unjust laws. What they don't know won't hurt them but will surely bite you hard should your secret get out.
:eek:In the mean time, consider putting on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:11
Sorry, I got carried away.;)

If I had my way? All who want to own a gun would be fine with carrying it. Commit a crime? You should be locked up until you prove you are safe to let roam free or dispatched from society. A few states are going this route, that if you can have a gun you can carry a gun. I have no problem with this. Then I also feel people should be held accountable for their actions. Since that is not done, we end up with the mess we have.

True, but nowhere in the 2A does it say anything about concealed. I personally have no problem with the CC permit process. I don't think just ANYONE should be walking around with a concealed handgun.

True, it doesn't say anything about concealed. Then again, it also doesn't make any mention of any other means of bearing arms. Since there is no mention of the "how", I choose to interpret that as meaning that the founders saw fit to leave that at the individual's discretion.

"It's our right to do 'whatever' without having to pay for it or divulge personal info....."

Yeah, ok, so-called 'sovereign citizen's make something of a parallel argument with their dopey complaint that they don't have to obey the laws you and I have to...seems childish and arrogant to me...get the license dummy.

I'll bite - The hell is a "Art Tax"?
I thought it was like $300..

The Portland Arts Tax, formally the Arts Education and Access Income Tax, is a $35 tax paid by residents of Portland, Oregon to support school teachers and art focused nonprofit organizations. Residents age eighteen or older with $1,000 or more of taxable income are required to pay the tax.

True, it doesn't say anything about concealed. Then again, it also doesn't make any mention of any other means of bearing arms. Since there is no mention of the "how", I choose to interpret that as meaning that the founders saw fit to leave that at the individual's discretion.

Well, until its legal to CC without a permit, I'll continue to renew. Individual interpretation and discretion is pretty tough to argue. Not a hill I'm willing to die on. Now pass laws saying I can't own firearms? Different story.

As others have said.. its better to have it.
ultimately of you carry for self defense and end up using your pistol in a lethal defensive situation.. you will catch charges. As liberal as this state, the DA and its population has become.. its better to stay on the side of the law to expedite and bypass certain legal risks.

I too think its a disgusting statist state of mind to have to placate to the anti gun facist bureaucracy, pay a fee and ask for permission to do something the founding fathers guaranteed in the constitution. Im with you there.. but the freestater thing doesnt seem to gain much traction In court.. that and judges have little patience and understanding for it and they will charge you.

I constitutionally (yet legally) carried for a while abiding by the ORS laws without a CHL. but that got tiresome and its easier to keep a loaded pistol in my pocket, concealed with a CHL than it is to jump through the legal hoops to constitutionally carry without a CHL. YMMV.. but I dont at all trust the courts and Id rather play by their rules and be within the law god forbid I ever have to use my gun in a defensive situation.

Don't ask, and certainly don't tell.
I would credit my CHL for getting me out of two speeding tickets with just a warning. LEO aren't the enemy, but they are tasked with enforcing laws.
I agree with that statement. Them seeing the CHL is like having a OSP do a BGC with an NFA item in your name.. speeds everything up and often they know you're gtg, law abiding and not some crazy.

Well, until its legal to CC without a permit, I'll continue to renew. Individual interpretation and discretion is pretty tough to argue. Not a hill I'm willing to die on. Now pass laws saying I can't own firearms? Different story.

I agree with you 100% on abiding by the law, and did not intend for my reply to imply anything different. In short, I believe the requirement that a law abiding citizen that is not prohibited from possessing firearms should be free to carry in any manner they deem appropriate without having to secure the blessing of the state.
Until such time as that is recognized and acted upon by the state repealing the necessity of a permit, I intend to keep mine current.

yes, it doesnt say concealed in the 2A which would lead me personally to believe that the right to bear is the right to bear (in any which manner that would be bearing). i dont mind paying for a CHL either. infact, i KNOW its gotten me out of speeding tickets LOL. i know that ANY gun legislation is an infringement on our 2A. but i agree with you, not EVERYONE should be carrying a weapon(though a card does not stop criminals).

its like background checks. there are people who shouldnt own guns. if someone wants to sell a gun it should be on the seller whether to conduct a bgc or not on the buyer rather than be forced to in my opinion. at the very least a bgc is for the sellers peace of mind i guess. i also think bgcs should not contain any information about the gun itself. only the individual buying.

speaking of bearings, i gotta get back to work :);).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top