JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the last month I've had two separate conversations with two separate people regarding renewing an CPL and both times the other person said they wouldn't be renewing their licenses. When I asked why both said they're tired of the Gov charging them for a Right they already have, the secondary reason is they didn't feel the need to give up this info to any entity and felt their privacy is being taken in everything they do and they're growing tired of it.

Curious if others have heard the same thing from others they've come in contact with.

bunch of speculation & hypothetical arguments in this sort of question;

One version of reality, is they already have your secret personal data.
I don't know if the Oregon driver license is somehow 'unmarked' after giving up a concealed carry permit. "Growing tired" of privacy being taken, isn't a very effective remedy after the fact of giving them all the data you now want to make 'more secure'.

I have over years known a few, very few, who only got a CPL to make buying easier. I had told them it was easier. So if they have no interest in carry? I guess I can see not bothering. I have always tried to get all to get and keep one anyway. Said never know when you may want to carry even if it's not a normal thing.
Now if it's the " I have rights and they can't tell me" crowd, well to each his own. If they are not acting the fool chances are they are never going to be in trouble if they want to risk it. When I lived in AZ and here we could not get a CC law passed there so I carried anyway. Had no real choice. Every time I moved back up here I chose to keep the CPL.

Risk vs reward, "they" already have all your data and purchasing records. Your friends think a CPL is the big tip off? Ask them if they have ever bought anything online, or with a credit card? Or purchased guns in this state?

Cat is out of the bag, don't give them an easy excuse to lock you up. It is what, $10 a year?

Now in CA, where it was $100s a year, and a hassle, I could start to see their point.

Risk vs reward, "they" already have all your data and purchasing records. Your friends think a CPL is the big tip off? Ask them if they have ever bought anything online, or with a credit card? Or purchased guns in this state?

Cat is out of the bag, don't give them an easy excuse to lock you up. It is what, $10 a year?

Now in CA, where it was $100s a year, and a hassle, I could start to see their point.

It's like $60/year in Oregon. Cheap insurance to not go to jail. And yeah, if they've already had one in the past, they aren't doing anything to protect their privacy.

It's like mental masturbation while wearing a tin foil hat. Gets you nowhere and you just look stupid.

I hear what they're saying but they probably have licenses to drive..
I don't know if it's still an active "thing". Long ago I knew a guy well who fell in with some "gold and silver" guys and really went off the deep end. It started with this, driving. He decided he no longer needed a DL or to put tags on his car. Set about getting stopped a few times, thought himself a lawyer. Pushed the courts till he finally ended up in jail for a while. Then they came after him on Federal gun charges and he was his own lawyer there. After he made a mess there was no getting out of he ran. We all know how that goes. Don't know if the guy is still alive but have often wondered if he thinks it was all worth it now?

It's like $60/year in Oregon.

I think it's $55.00 to re-up every three (five?) years. So cheaper than that ^.

I'll always have the permit. Wifey actually carries more than I do though. I do carry if I'm fishin', mushroom hunting, or a walk to the store after dark and I'll slide a pocket gun in a pocket. I think it's important to keep one just for the numbers too. And as mentioned above, it just makes it easier if you're transporting guns. As the coming restrictions get tougher, you may end up breaking some of their new restrictive rules just by taking your guns to the car to head to the range.

It's like $60/year in Oregon. Cheap insurance to not go to jail. And yeah, if they've already had one in the past, they aren't doing anything to protect their privacy.

It's like mental masturbation while wearing a tin foil hat. Gets you nowhere and you just look stupid.

$50 renewal for 4 years

As for the initial post....yeah, nobody searches my butt. I know that statement sounds like a non-sequitur, but it's not. In jail, my butt wouldn't be free from searches. Of the two privacy violations, I'll take keeping my CHL renewed.

$50 renewal for 4 years

As for the initial post....yeah, nobody searches my butt. I know that statement sounds like a non-sequitur, but it's not. In jail, my butt wouldn't be free from searches. Of the two privacy violations, I'll take keeping my CHL renewed.

Ok ok I haven't had enough caffeine yet! I meant for 4 years. :p

I don't know if it's still an active "thing". Long ago I knew a guy well who fell in with some "gold and silver" guys and really went off the deep end. It started with this, driving. He decided he no longer needed a DL or to put tags on his car. Set about getting stopped a few times, thought himself a lawyer. Pushed the courts till he finally ended up in jail for a while. Then they came after him on Federal gun charges and he was his own lawyer there. After he made a mess there was no getting out of he ran. We all know how that goes. Don't know if the guy is still alive but have often wondered if he thinks it was all worth it now?
Sovereign Citizens untie!

its our right to bear arms. requiring a license to exercise a RIGHT is unconstitutional. however, i am a law abiding citizen(for now...with the way things are headed on the west coast) and i choose to obey the law. if the law SAYS i need a license to conceal carry i'll get one. i hate it. but i would also hate going to jail and losing my rights more.

its our right to bear arms. requiring a license to exercise a RIGHT is unconstitutional. however, i am a law abiding citizen(for now...with the way things are headed on the west coast) and i choose to obey the law. if the law SAYS i need a license to conceal carry i'll get one. i hate it. but i would also hate going to jail and losing my rights more.

Isn't that their plan? Infringe on your right to bear arms by requiring a permit. Gradually make getting the permit so onerous or cost prohibitive that people stop renewing them. Arrest, charge and convict anyone caught carrying without the permit (that was an unconstitutional infringement from the outset) with a felony thereby stripping them of their second ammendment enumerated right to arms altogether.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top