JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife was issued her CPL from the Everett police department recently, everything went well with the application and it only took about 10 days to get it. Only one hiccup, they did not print any expiration date on it. They issued it, but is it invalid due to being incomplete? My wife would like to carry but is worried about the legality of it. She was unable to get a WAC membership due to this.

Anyone ever seen/heard of this happening before?

Thanks,

Mr. B

Last Edited:
I would think the place to ask this question would be the Everett police dept. If they issued it then they would be the ones to fix it. A simple phone call during business hours should solve the question. Why weren't they called as soon as the permit was received?

I don't think it makes the CPL invalid, but I would get it fixed. I would just call whoever issued it and ask what they would like you to do. Between now and then, the police will accept it because it will be on their computer when(if) they run the license, as being valid.

I have carried and had a CPL for over 40 years, never been asked for it. I would not worry, just get it fixed for your own comfort.

I would think the place to ask this question would be the Everett police dept. If they issued it then they would be the ones to fix it. A simple phone call during business hours should solve the question. Why weren't they called as soon as the permit was received?

As it is the weekend, I was looking to see if anyone had encountered this before ;) (She will be calling E-PD tomorrow, or stopping by)

My wife did not notice that it had no expiration date, it was sent as approved with her # on it. Nothing unusual.

As it is the weekend, I was looking to see if anyone had encountered this before ;) (She will be calling E-PD tomorrow, or stopping by)

My wife did not notice that it had no expiration date, it was sent as approved with her # on it. Nothing unusual.

Your wife is very fortunate. The Everett PD has determined that she is Immortal! She can now carry concealed legally in the event of a Clash of the Titans!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top