JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Friend of mine (in Washington) is going through a rough time, likely will be losing his home of many years. He has some guns, and a CPL. Claean record, no issues there.

If he does lose his home, he'll probably be temporarily staying with various friends, one after another, until he can figure out how to find and afford a new residence.. Gonna be tough with no real income (he's also signficantly disabled from an old injury.
WHAT will be his legal position if he should lose his home and have nowhere to turn but his various friends? He will, essentially, be homeless.. My understanding is that one must have a residence address in order to get and hold the CPL Will losing his home lead to his also losing his CPL? We've not discussed that possibility yet... thuoght I'd be a better help to him if I actaully KNEW the law in all its facets.

Please, no speculation or confirming what I already know, that having a fixed place of residence should NOT be a prerequsite for holding his CPL. I'm wanting to know so I can help him deal with that situation as well as his other mess.

I called my issuing department recently and asked how to update my address. They told me that they recommended I wait until my renewal to update it, because if I want the address updated my CPL will have to be surrendered for 30 days while they process the new card under a new license number.

I called my issuing department recently and asked how to update my address. They told me that they recommended I wait until my renewal to update it, because if I want the address updated my CPL will have to be surrendered for 30 days while they process the new card under a new license number.

This is precisely what the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office recommended to me when I moved from Mill Creek to Arlington (both residences were in the unincorporated county).

There won't be a problem until he goes on for the Renewal. Then it will be a problem. If he doesn't have an address then the Agency will not be able to issue a Renewal. If he puts down anything other than a real address he will be committing a crime and could end up having a New Address - the Grey Bar Hotel!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top