JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got the most gnarly and coarse goatee and mustache in the world. I have experimented with numerous nose masks over 10 years, and the one I have now does not leak, no matter what I do.

And as others have said, I also got into this CPAP thing because of recurring daily, and very severe headaches. Was sent to a neurologist who ordered the sleep study. The rest is history and I wish I'd done it sooner.

As others have also said, a 12-volt auto battery and power inverter work well when I'm camping, and my CPAP operates all night, as long as I don't use heat or humidification. Heat reduces operating time by a couple hours. I recharge the battery with a Honda generator thru the day. The Honda is nearly silent.

WAYNO.

Yup, I have full beard and mustache so will never solve all leaks... especially when the mask gets older.

When out in elk camp, I park my truck close and use a 300W inverter. Lasts two nights w/o the humidifier and then I gotta run the truck to charge up.

I don't remember there being sleep apnea back in the 60's. Did it just pop up all of a sudden? My Doc tried to get me to do a study, but I don't have any problems with my sleep. Kinda made me wonder why she would push it out of the blue like that.o_O

Sleep apnea has always existed, but as technology rises to diagnose it and provide a variety of solutions, treatment becomes a faddish new multi-million dollar industry unto itself.

With that said, I don't believe that going the whole CPAP route is necessarily "the" solution for everyone. My brother in law only needs a soft rubber mouthpiece to sleep soundly and start dreaming again for the first time in over a decade. There is also VPAP or "bi-PAP" for individuals with central apnea who simply "forget" how to breathe when they sleep, even without the typical obstructions.

Add insomnia to the mix, illicit and legal substance abuse (including caffeine and alcohol), job stress, etc., and there are millions of reasons we (as a society) don't sleep as well as we used to. I can only speculate that there are far more legit causes of sleep apnea today, not unlike all the fancy new ways one can get a variety of fancy new cancers.

Dig this: If you or anyone you know in the armed forces can produce a medical diagnosis during service, OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) can be worth up to 50% VA disability compensation, every month for life. Certainly worth looking into.

Sleep apnea has always existed, but as technology rises to diagnose it and provide a variety of solutions, treatment becomes a faddish new multi-million dollar industry unto itself.

With that said, I don't believe that going the whole CPAP route is necessarily "the" solution for everyone. My brother in law only needs a soft rubber mouthpiece to sleep soundly and start dreaming again for the first time in over a decade. There is also VPAP or "bi-PAP" for individuals with central apnea who simply "forget" how to breathe when they sleep, even without the typical obstructions.

Add insomnia to the mix, illicit and legal substance abuse (including caffeine and alcohol), job stress, etc., and there are millions of reasons we (as a society) don't sleep as well as we used to. I can only speculate that there are far more legit causes of sleep apnea today, not unlike all the fancy new ways one can get a variety of fancy new cancers.

Dig this: If you or anyone you know in the armed forces can produce a medical diagnosis during service, OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) can be worth up to 50% VA disability compensation, every month for life. Certainly worth looking into.
Your last paragraph gives me gas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads