JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Muskrats are listed as a Fur Bearing Animal by Oregon Fish and Game. As such to shoot a Muskrat you must have in addition to a Regular Hunting License a Hunting License for Fur Bearing or a Furtaker's License is required.

A Hunting License for Furbearers allows the holder only to hunt and pursue. A general hunting license does not allow the holder to trap, hunt or pursue furbearers, but only to hunt unprotected mammals (see definition on page 7 of Oregon Furbearer Trapping and Hunting Regulations.)

ODFW Hunting and Trapping Small Game
If you use a 12 gauge all muskrats are instantly turned into a nutria.
What are you guys talking about anyway.? I don't see a muskrat in the pics.

Muskrats are listed as a Fur Bearing Animal by Oregon Fish and Game. As such to shoot a Muskrat you must have in addition to a Regular Hunting License a Hunting License for Fur Bearing or a Furtaker's License is required.

A Hunting License for Furbearers allows the holder only to hunt and pursue. A general hunting license does not allow the holder to trap, hunt or pursue furbearers, but only to hunt unprotected mammals (see definition on page 7 of Oregon Furbearer Trapping and Hunting Regulations.)

ODFW Hunting and Trapping Small Game

Thank you Mark Now please do a little more research and find the exemptions which allowed me to not only shoot muskrats but also to spotlight them from a vehicle. I'll give you a hint, you listed it above..........

OK if you working as an agent of the land owner. You how ever edited your post where you answered my question with a single word "NOPE" so thanks for the merry little chase. Had you just answered the question in the first place and stipulated you were on private land acting as an agent of the property owner I never would have bothered to post again.

What's the value of a coyote pelt?

Gettin' a little bunched up here guys, close to getting twisted

upload_2017-12-16_16-44-14.jpeg

OK if you working as an agent of the land owner. You how ever edited your post where you answered my question with a single word "NOPE" so thanks for the merry little chase. Had you just answered the question in the first place and stipulated you were on private land acting as an agent of the property owner I never would have bothered to post again.

Post number 7 clearly says i was on ranches. You are the one who assumed I would post an illegal activity.

What's the value of a coyote pelt?

Interesting question. Last night, whilst winding down to go to sleep, I was reading the latest edition of Predator Nation magazine. There is a piece entitled "The Price of Pelts", starting on page 8, that covered the current market landscape. Here is a short excerpt from the beginning:

The price of coyote fur will pick up about where it left off last year, in the $90 to $100 range for top finished heavy western coyotes and an average of $40 to $50 on the carcass, and the coyote market, mainly in China, is what is keeping fur buyers, and therefore, trappers, and hunters in business, according to Greg Petska of Petska Fur (petskafur.net) in Ord, Nebraska.
Anyway, I found the article interesting, so thought I'd pass it along. Cheers.

Last Edited:
Erudite as usual, thank you @CountryGent .

Interesting question. Last night, whilst winding down to go to sleep, I was reading the latest edition of Predator Nation magazine. There is a piece entitled "The Price of Pelts", starting on page 8, that covered the current market landscape. Here is a short excerpt from the beginning:

The price of coyote fur will pick up about where it left off last year, in the $90 to $100 range for top finished heavy western coyotes and an average of $40 to $50 on the carcass, and the coyote market, mainly in China, is what is keeping fur buyers, and therefore, trappers, and hunters in business, according to Greg Petska of Petska Fur (petskafur.net) in Ord, Nebraska.
Anyway, I found the article interesting, so thought I'd pass it along. Cheers.

Speaking of "value", children are on the uptick though. pretty sweet and good eating!.

A Modest Proposal - Wikipedia
Ironically, the Potato Famine of Ireland is what brought my family over here on my mother's side. There was plenty of food to feed the entire country, plenty of wheat and corn, raised for Aristocrats and their farm animals. It was not shared with the common laborers of the land, the indigenous Irish.
The potato Famine was a result of a single genetic strain of potatoes, succumbing to a mold. (Will have to check my facts on the mold. )
Potatoes are easy to grow, and were the staple in the diet of poor Irish.
History has a tendency to repeat itself. Currently, with genetically modified crops, which are of a single, sterile strain and do not reproduce, we have set ourselves up for serious problems with potential, unknown Invaders. If you ever wonder why I write about my concern how Society tends to favor the rich and enable them to expand their wealth, this would be one of those reasons. If famine hits the United States, those of us who have prepared may be OK. Those who have not, are doomed. Do not expect any handouts from the rich or the government.
That is also why I do not trust my government. It is simply a puppet for corporations and the wealthy.

Ironically, the Potato Famine of Ireland is what brought my family over here on my mother's side. There was plenty of food to feed the entire country, plenty of wheat and corn, raised for Aristocrats and their farm animals. It was not shared with the common laborers of the land, the indigenous Irish.
The potato Famine was a result of a single genetic strain of potatoes, succumbing to a mold. (Will have to check my facts on the mold. )
Potatoes are easy to grow, and were the staple in the diet of poor Irish.
History has a tendency to repeat itself. Currently, with genetically modified crops, which are of a single, sterile strain and do not reproduce, we have set ourselves up for serious problems with potential, unknown Invaders. If you ever wonder why I write about my concern how Society tends to favor the rich and enable them to expand their wealth, this would be one of those reasons. If famine hits the United States, those of us who have prepared may be OK. Those who have not, are doomed. Do not expect any handouts from the rich or the government.
That is also why I do not trust my government. It is simply a puppet for corporations and the wealthy.
But Monsanto pertaters go so well with mustard. mmhm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads