JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking into regulations...if I'm reading correctly, I can hunt as an agent of the owner on their property for coyote at night. I'm looking at purchasing a thermal scope. Also finding any land owners that maybe want some coyotes taken care of. I have suppressed firearms also anyone have any info on if I'm going in the right direction? If so, any land owners want to chime in?
The laws are different for non-game hunting than for game hunting including fur bearing animals.
Coyotes are neither game animals, nor are they considered furbearing, so my understanding is n/v is OK there.
The problem would arise when something like a racoon showed up to your call and you killed it, as racoons are fur bearing animals which require a furbearing tag. Your best bet is to contact ODF&W for details, but the hunting synopsis does touch on things like that. Hunting on private property for preditors such as coyotes does give you a bit more lee-way than when hunting on public property, but equiping yourself with any and all information is your best bet. Get it down in black and white so you can show others when they get nosy is your best bet.

The laws are different for non-game hunting than for game hunting including fur bearing animals.
Coyotes are neither game animals, nor are they considered furbearing, so my understanding is n/v is OK there.
The problem would arise when something like a racoon showed up to your call and you killed it, as racoons are fur bearing animals which require a furbearing tag. Your best bet is to contact ODF&W for details, but the hunting synopsis does touch on things like that. Hunting on private property for preditors such as coyotes does give you a bit more lee-way than when hunting on public property, but equiping yourself with any and all information is your best bet. Get it down in black and white so you can show others when they get nosy is your best bet.
I talked to odfw a while back and they said only on private land for nv and thermal. I did get some high end nv if anyone wants to hangout and shoot sound dogs and save chickens ;)

Back in my 'teen years' playin' Jeremiah Johnson!

This was near Hills Creek Res.

img20190823_20194939.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top