Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Coyote Hunting

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by Bovaloe, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Bovaloe

Bovaloe Ellensburg, WA Member

So I had a guy come into my work and we were talking, long story short, he says I can come out and hunt coyotes out at his place, says hes got tons of them out there due to his and neighbors chicken and other animals.

So Ive looked up the regs on coyote hunting so I think Im good on that side, my question is: What do I do with the coyote after Ive killed it? Its not something I think Id want to eat since they're scavengers. Ive heard people buying pelts, anybody know someone who wants coyote furs?

It would be a plus to get something out of them, but not necessary I guess.

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Look around locally and online. There's people that want them. There's even some on eBay.

3. Calirefugee

Calirefugee Hillsboro OR New Member

why don't you want to eat it?

Scavenger animals aren't tainted, if done properly you get just as clean meat as any other animal.

4. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

The best thing I've found is shoot 'em, then bury them in a pile a few feet under ground. Come back the next day and shoot the ones digging up their pals. Repeat as needed.

5. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

There was a pretty good market for them in the late 70's through the 80's but fell off about the time the anti-fur crowd went on a rampage. I remember the news stories and pictures of people hiding out with buckets of red paint to throw on women wearing fur coats.

6. elkoholic79

elkoholic79 salem Member

throw them in the freezer right off and then list on ebay thats what i do

7. heck

heck Washington state New Member

You don't want to eat something that has been eating a deer that has been dead for a month. They are carriers of mange, rabies and a few other bad diseases!! I would strongly suggest NOT eating Coyote!!

8. sprocket3

sprocket3 Oregon - Wet Side Member

Please post the link for that aution.

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" is the way i look at it.

[video=youtube;ML6oLuLecQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6oLuLecQ4[/video]