Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

COYOTE HUNTING!!!

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by sonic, Aug 10, 2011.

1. sonic

sonic medford, oregon Active Member

any one know of a group of coyote hunters or a great area for hunting in portland area?:thumbup:

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Try 1/2 mile from my house in Hillsboro. I've seen them right up in the burbs. Although I think the Hillsboro PD might get a little cranky about it. ;)

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. miletwo

miletwo Gresham, Oregon Member

Head east young man.

4. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Yeah right here in Hillsboro there have been quite a few....difficult in city limits but bow OK I think and maybe airguns. New airguns can take pig sized game these days.....I go East for some fun calling days. Right now is good because the pups are out hunting and are vulnerable to calls.

5. OR4X4

OR4X4 Hour south of portland Member

Tons of farms starting just a short half hour south of portland that have no problem if you ask. In fact many of them appreciate it!

The clearcut next to me used to be awesome, but now it's getting pretty grown in and tough.

6. prkrgrp

prkrgrp oregon Active Member

tyclearcut.jpg

7. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

They seem a little harder to call over here but if you stay a little longer they find their way to you if it is thick. Try and find clearcut edges with easy routes in and out and who knows.....if you wait long enough you may see a Bear or Cougar.....