JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I need to get my hunting license and then look for public land. I also need to learn how to harvest the pelt.
Just about most places in the woods have yotes.

A good litmus test is camping out at random places.

Wake up early before the suns up and play a serenade call.

A natural hide where the little dogs are known to frequent, a hand-held dying rabbit call, and a scoped AR-15 or Mini-14. This has called up cats here in Colorado too..
No I don't shoot the cats, bobbed or otherwise, and am not really that interested in killing the little dogs anymore either. But the system has worked some over the years. Since we no longer have chickens or other small crunchy critters there are fewer incursions on the estancia than there used to be.:s0017:

Last Edited:
I'd love to get back into coyote hunting, I have a couple of boys that would really like it.

It's been a long time but I used to use a dying rabbit mouth call to pretty good effect, but I was in a sparsely populated area with little to no hunting pressure.

I shot a .220 Swift, Sierra 60gr. HP at around 3550 fps for shots longer than 200 yards and my AR service rifle match rifle with the same bullet at 2900 fps for the closer shots. I'd pull the lead weights out of the gun and use the iron sights. My eyes would not allow that now!

I just use a ACME catalog....:D
Just kidding...cool thread.

I have never used a call , just waited for them to show up at spots and get 'em when they show up.
Granted all my "coyote hunting" had been at the request of a friendly farmer or rancher who had some problem child coyotes that wore out their welcome at the farm or ranch.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads