JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, so all youse guys way down yonder in that briar patch got me interested. WAAAaaaa ayy too far for me to come down, I rather suspect Oregon won't like my hunting, even varmints, without a license of some sort, and since I live in Washington that would likely cost too much. Unless there is none needed for hunting varmints..... any clues?

anyone tried the electronic remote control game calls? Do they work well?

now, for the final kicker.... so I go out and drop one or three of those singin doggies.... NOW what? Are they any good for anything besides digging a hole (a lot of work) and turning them into plant food? Skins worth the bother of skinning and tanning? ANy recommendations for tanning? Cheap and simple works best for me... taking his clothes off can be a bit tedjus, but not too bad. I live near Olympia, and I KNOW there are at least two dens on my back property, and one more on the near neighbour's place (he has expressed a desire for them to continue entertaining them with their antics.... so I'll try not to hit any of his.... probably work toward the side away from that fence, hoping to get the ones in MY place. I'm thinking of fencing and putting in some small edible fur-bearing critters, and those doggies would enjoy that far too much. So I've decided they've got their exit papers. They've done me one favour, though, in clearing out all the feral cats that had been infesting the menghbourhood..... trouble is, they've also dined on all four or five families of pheasant that used to live here, and all the quail as well. I rather suspect they are why there are very few cottontails and grey squirrels this side the road. I've heard of a few small sized pet dogs going AWOL as all, and the general suspicion is the coyotes are responsible for that as well. I'd far rather a return to the wildlife balance I enjoyed here about ten years ago.......

I'd like to learn, perhaps tag along even if I wouldn't be doing any shooting. If anything, I can help dig holes. PM me, and I'll drive to the Eugene area or wherever else the hunting might be going on.

No shortage of 'em around here (Lapine/Sunriver Area) - I hear them often in the woods behind my house and occasionally they will come into the yard and screech in the middle of the night - scares my daughter but she is learning to get over it. Saw a beautiful one earlier this winter crossing the road, very light colored and long hair - would have made a nice pelt.

So what do you do with a Coyote pelt? and what good is the skull?

Put the pelt on the wall, make a rug or blanket, make clothing out of it, or sell it. Pretty much anything people traditionally use fur for.

The skull is used the same way a deer hunter uses a trophy buck's rack. Nice mantle piece.

I'm awaiting the arrival of a new Savage 12 BVSS in .22-250 and would love to get the opportunity to hunt Coyote with it one day.
I've never hunted - can someone explain how a hunting license works? If I buy now is it good for a year, or until the end of 2009?
What else can I hunt with that license without requiring separate tags?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top