JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which gun?

• AR15

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • Bolt Action (Like Rem. 700)

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • Other - say below

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
I have the chance to do some coyote hunting sometime this year (hasn't been determined yet) and I want to get my gear together.

So... I am considering my weapon of choice... a nice bolt-action rifle, say a Remington 700 in .223 or .22-250 or ??? OR my AR15 with a smaller mag? Maybe get a different upper, like a 20-24" varmint upper...

I place accuracy OVER speed -- so I am leaning towards a Rem700...

An AR with a bull barrel is very accurated and with a non bull barrel they shoot good also. I myself use a rem 700 in 243 cal the only time I wish I had an AR was when two or more came in or I missed and could have got another shot off if I had a semi auto by just pulling the trigger. If I had the money I would buy an AR just to have one. They all will work it boils down to what you like and can afford. Have fun dusting off those coyote it alot of fun.

AR for faster follow up shots, with no extra movement. :)

Also maybe depends on where your Hunting. If you expect long shots, possibly the bolt Gun. Unless of course you have a pretty accurate AR.

I just built 2 of these specifically for varmints.
RK

VMatch2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR