JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello NWF members,

Hey all, I am very new to this site, today is actually my first day here. And this is my first post.

But just trying to pick some of your wise minds.
I am fairly new to the hunting scene. And have been TRYING to call some dogs in for about a month now, and have had no luck what so ever.
I have been hunting in spots where I see signs of dogs (prints, tracks, droppings) And I believe I have the right equipment; (foxpro fury, and a decoy)
I have been going out in the morning, and in the evening. Just can't to call in a dumb dog. (Guess that means their not that dumb)

I try calling for about 4-6 minutes, then wait 5 or so. And repeat this process about 2-3 times. Then move on. I'm using either a cottontail dist. Or a Jackrabbit dist. (Making sure wind is in my face, or no wind, and Sun on my back)

Don't really know what else to add, but will answer questions to the best of my ability

Thanks a lot guys!
Cooleoap

Hello NWF members,

Hey all, I am very new to this site, today is actually my first day here. And this is my first post.

But just trying to pick some of your wise minds.
I am fairly new to the hunting scene. And have been TRYING to call some dogs in for about a month now, and have had no luck what so ever.
I have been hunting in spots where I see signs of dogs (prints, tracks, droppings) And I believe I have the right equipment; (foxpro fury, and a decoy)
I have been going out in the morning, and in the evening. Just can't to call in a dumb dog. (Guess that means their not that dumb)

I try calling for about 4-6 minutes, then wait 5 or so. And repeat this process about 2-3 times. Then move on. I'm using either a cottontail dist. Or a Jackrabbit dist. (Making sure wind is in my face, or no wind, and Sun on my back)

Don't really know what else to add, but will answer questions to the best of my ability

Thanks a lot guys!
Cooleoap

I've been all over the woods around Molalla and the only Coyote I've seen was crossing 211 by Safeway. Best of luck to ya and welcome to NWFA, sorry I couldn't be of more help but it's just not my game.

This is literally the hardest time of year to call in a coyote. Right now they are focused on breeding. They have heard all the sounds and avoided hunters all winter long, in short they are done playing the game right now. If you absolutely must try to call dogs right now try using female invitation howls or challenge howls, or pup distress.

If your calling near Mollala you might try a house cat or a small dog call rather then a Jack rabbit or Cotton tail. In a little while a lamb call might also work.

Thanks for all your guys advice!
I might go out tomorrow morning and maybe try a different call. Or might wait for a nice night and go out at night to try spotting one.
Because at night I can get more of a focus of where they are at because they do a lot of howling at night.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top