JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I have called in literally hundreds of them. I used to hunt them, and then one day I just looked at them differently and stopped. It was my choice. I learned a bit about them and liked what I saw.
Now if one got to my chickens or ducks or came after my companion animals them I would most likely still drop them, but to just kill them because I could, I just prefer not to any longer. I kill for meat and still go after sage rats and other rodents but just not the canines. I have developed a soft spot for them. I figure if we have to kill something, someday we will end up having that opportunity with the Islamic terrorists when they begin their BS here. The Canids have not tried to bomb me yet.:)

I personally wouldn't be able to kill them, I'm too soft. It's like killing a dog. But if one came after my kids or pets, I'm sure I'd harden up real fast! Of course, that could be said in regards to anything or anyone coming after my family!
But the coyotes around my house are killing the local house pets. A lady around the corner from us was walking her toy poodle and one came out and snagged it...she played tug of war with the beast until all she had left was the hinde end of her dog in her hands. So awful! We keep finding cat legs laying around in yards...it's crazy!
But no one will stop it. No one will do a damned thing. Not Fish & Wildlife, Animal Control, no one! So yeah, I wouldn't mind getting someone to get rid of these for us!

I used to live close in, SW Portland. Coyotes and deer galore day and night. I'd shoot them in the butt with a Red Ryder BB gun (the deer just loved the vegetable garden.. but not for long).
I was scared the yotes would get my precious little dog and had to run them off.
Then an owl almost got my dog.. I left the owls alone. But I had to Red Ryder a family of raccoons multiple times as they were surly and tangled with said dog one too many times.
Anyway, good luck!

I'm on the outskirts of Oregon City. We have regular visits in our yard of many kinds of wildlife, including the occasional coyote. I did not grow up around hunters, so I never became one, and haven't really had the desire to become one. But that said, I don't have any animosity against those that do hunt. I do also understand there are times it's necessary for varmint control and other pest control. I'd rather coexist with most animals than kill them. I would not, however, hesitate to take one out if a person or domestic animal was being attacked by one. The coyotes in our area have never been an issue. They show up from time to time and you can hear them howling too, but no instances of local animals being killed by them, so, for now, they're welcome to hang out nearby.

Now, to change the subject just a bit, our local deer were in the yard yesterday (a fawn with 2 young ones). At one point, one of the little ones got separated from the mother after jumping the short wire fence into our neighbor's yard, then forgetting how to get back. So, there was a lot of waiting and pacing for several hours until the little one figured it out again (happens every year she has new babies). But before he figured it out, I looked outside at one point and saw one of our neighbor's cats stalking the isolated baby that was on the other side of the fence. As the cat approached the fence, the mother came back and faced off with the cat. As the deer walked right up to the cat, it turned around and took a swipe at the deer's nose. What happened next was a hilarious chase with the deer pursuing the cat through the yard, trying to stomp on it. The cat managed to escape with its life. But I had to laugh - that cat spends most days crapping in my yard, so I have to admit, I kind of enjoyed the whole thing ;)

The Klamath falls area can be good for coyote hunting as well. I grew up in the area and have had alot of success both calling and just running into them. Unfortunately there is alot of private land but you can find public lands too. I recently moved to Roseburg and am looking for a partner and some new spots. If anyone knows of any and wants to go hit me up

East is best for beginners, travel roads looking for scat and tracks, water is important this time of year since pups will be starting to come out of the ground, try to get out at twilight and listen for group serenades, this will help you locate them, always keep the wind in your face or crosswind, you don't need camo, any gun will kill a coyote, get a $10.00 close reed distress call just blow on it they will come and check you out, save your money for gas and ammo
IMG_0884.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads