JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Coyote Creek Tactical in Southern Oregon? I think theyre fairly new. I was checking out theyre website and it seems like the instructors have quite a bit of experience. Ive been looking at taking some classes and am seriously considering giving these guys a shot.

Take a class and see what it's like.

They have no feed back on Pistol-forum.com though. That may mean it's a new school.

Couple of other watch signs are throwing around the word certified when referring to being and an instructor. At this time there is no national or state level certification for instructors issued by a government body like there are for other certifications like EMS. So who are they certified by? Is it the DPSST, which is meaningful but not that hard to achieve. A local or state agency, who knows what they use for criteria. I've watched instructors from local agencies who really didn't have a clue what they were doing and ran an unsafe range. Or are we talking about a civilian NRA certification which is about as hard as getting a card out of a box of cereal after staying awake for 16-20 hours. Various other schools also certify instructors. They are usually larger and have been running longer so it's easy to look at student reviews and class after actions.

When people mention being a competitor in any sport it's only meaningful if you also know how they are finishing at national level events and how long they have been competing. Do you want to learn from the guy who finished at 10% or at least above 50%. For a introduction or skill building class I'd like to see finishes at least in the 50% range and if I'm going to a high level class they better have some 90% finishes.

Another thing that raises alarm bells is the second instructor pic. Putting up a picture of a student with poor stance and grip handling a firearm up range of another student does not look good.

On the other hand I do know one of the instructors and he is a good 3 Gunner, no experience with him as and instructor. The course descriptions and requirements look solid, maybe a bit lite on ammo, and they say it's based of the DPSST standards, which although low, are vetted standards and not some stuff pulled out of someone's but after watch some youtub videos.

NoFlinch, did you ever hear back? I think Im going to sign up for a pistol class and see if its any good. Most of the good schools near me are still far enough to need a motel for the night, so this place being so close to me is a huge plus. I want to take many classes, so I am hoping this place is g2g

Sorry I didn't get back here......:(

My friend, who si very involved with the Medford Rifle & Pistol club has not heard of them.

I might suggest you get ahold of MRPC, and take a Thurs Night class........free for 2 classes.

If interested, let me know.........I'll help you arrange it:D:D

I just completed the basic combat handgun course. It was great! The instructor is incredible knowledgeable with tons of experience. I can't wait to take their more advanced stuff. Let me know if you guys have any questions.

So I just completed their Basic Defensive Carbine course. It was just as good as the handgun course. Same instructor. Very knowledgeable. It was very similar to the handgun course. Covered safety, basic manipulation,zeros, reloads,tac reload, admin reload. Also used dummy rounds to learn malfunction clearing. Did a little gun transitioning at the end. I would definitely recommend this class to beginners and more advanced shooters. Im a pretty good shooter and still learned a lot. I cant wait to take their more advanced stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top