JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here hunt the hunters ? What areas do you hunt ? Do you call ?
Here's a pic of a kill at 40 FEET. This female was taken in a filbert orchard
where all the barn cats from five neighbor's mysteriously disappeared.
She came to a rabbit distress call.
coyote2008-06-08.JPG

I absolutly believe in the thinning of predators like that. Especially when they are coming into human populated areas. What do you do with them? I have never hunted anything like that but i would love to sometime. Nice kill.

Matt

Thanks Borrowedsig, she about ran me over when she saw my decoy, just that split second when she forgot to double-check that funny looking bump beside the tree........:) She was very bold for the last time ! I haven't kept any hides yet, but when I get a nice one this winter I may do something with it.
You should try it. It's really exciting to call them in. And sometimes they come in really fast !

What's the gun? Do you always use a shotgun for this?

I've never hunted these, but we've got them around my neighborhood. I keep hoping they'll take-out a few of the yippy-dogs in the area.

Sun195, it's a Rem. 11-87 Super Mag 12ga. with an ATI stock and super full choke. I used 3 1/2" #4's on her. When I'm set up where the shots are longer, I use a Rem. M700VSF in .22-250.
Coyotes are notorious for taking out small dogs, so you may be in luck :D

The only Bobcat I've had come in. There I sat with a Shotgun, the Bobcat would not come any closer than 100 yds. Thats why I don't carry a Shotgun anymore, cost me a Bobcat.

Sure can't blame you there. I've had several bobcats come up behind me when coyote hunting in the coast range, but by the time I get turned around they're leaving the county. Can't shoot them, but sure would like to see more than just a blur.

Seriously... what DO you do with the carcass? Bury it?
The Coyotes I connect with. I just put them in the bushes, where someone won't stumble on them. Something will eat them. I've went back to a few kills to see if they were decomposing. There was nothing left anywhere, something carried the carcass off. Other critters have to eat too.

The Coyotes I connect with. I just put them in the bushes, where someone won't stumble on them. Something will eat them. I've went back to a few kills to see if they were decomposing. There was nothing left anywhere, something carried the carcass off. Other critters have to eat too.

It'd sure be interesting to setup a camera attached to a motion sensor and see that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top