JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here hunt the hunters ? What areas do you hunt ? Do you call ?
Here's a pic of a kill at 40 FEET. This female was taken in a filbert orchard
where all the barn cats from five neighbor's mysteriously disappeared.
She came to a rabbit distress call.
coyote2008-06-08.JPG

I absolutly believe in the thinning of predators like that. Especially when they are coming into human populated areas. What do you do with them? I have never hunted anything like that but i would love to sometime. Nice kill.

Matt

Thanks Borrowedsig, she about ran me over when she saw my decoy, just that split second when she forgot to double-check that funny looking bump beside the tree........:) She was very bold for the last time ! I haven't kept any hides yet, but when I get a nice one this winter I may do something with it.
You should try it. It's really exciting to call them in. And sometimes they come in really fast !

What's the gun? Do you always use a shotgun for this?

I've never hunted these, but we've got them around my neighborhood. I keep hoping they'll take-out a few of the yippy-dogs in the area.

Sun195, it's a Rem. 11-87 Super Mag 12ga. with an ATI stock and super full choke. I used 3 1/2" #4's on her. When I'm set up where the shots are longer, I use a Rem. M700VSF in .22-250.
Coyotes are notorious for taking out small dogs, so you may be in luck :D

The only Bobcat I've had come in. There I sat with a Shotgun, the Bobcat would not come any closer than 100 yds. Thats why I don't carry a Shotgun anymore, cost me a Bobcat.

Sure can't blame you there. I've had several bobcats come up behind me when coyote hunting in the coast range, but by the time I get turned around they're leaving the county. Can't shoot them, but sure would like to see more than just a blur.

Seriously... what DO you do with the carcass? Bury it?
The Coyotes I connect with. I just put them in the bushes, where someone won't stumble on them. Something will eat them. I've went back to a few kills to see if they were decomposing. There was nothing left anywhere, something carried the carcass off. Other critters have to eat too.

The Coyotes I connect with. I just put them in the bushes, where someone won't stumble on them. Something will eat them. I've went back to a few kills to see if they were decomposing. There was nothing left anywhere, something carried the carcass off. Other critters have to eat too.

It'd sure be interesting to setup a camera attached to a motion sensor and see that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top