JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a simple Primos Power Dogg.. I'm actually really impressed with it for what it is. Great size, durability, range, volume and clarity.

Wildlife technologies is better then Foxpro IMHO. I've had 5 different foxpros and all had to go back for service,repairs and upgrades I still own an FX3 but use mouth calls most of the time.

I have only dabbled with electronic calls and not had really good luck with them, when we did use them but that was a long time ago I am sure they are much better now, I enjoy doing the calling myself, something about you making the noise and watching him run full bore thinking dinner is waiting then the surprise.

I like my Power Dog. I picked it up when they were just introduced, and have had fairly good luck with it.
My thought was to replace it with a Fox Pro when I could afford it. Even now that I can afford the Fox Pro, I just do not see the need to replace what works.
right on man the power dogg is a great caller for $90.00 had mine for 5 years , you can see the teeth marks on it from dogs hitting it on a full run. hahaha

Thanks or varmint hunter, great question. Thanks for everyone's in put . I was looking to invest in an electronic call and a mouth call for a combination of the both of them. ...HotRod

Looking to get into coyote hunting once I get my precision AR finished up here soon. Is an electroNic call setup going to be that important? I was kind of hoping I could get out into the field with some carefully suggested mouth calls and practice with them and be good to go.

Looking to get into coyote hunting once I get my precision AR finished up here soon. Is an electroNic call setup going to be that important? I was kind of hoping I could get out into the field with some carefully suggested mouth calls and practice with them and be good to go.
wait until you get a few kills in, save the money for gas ammo ect.
when your ready do not spend more the $150.00 on a call. stay with a close reed call until you get some time in a few kills.
pm me I will send you a free close reed distress and some camo to help get you started also check out coyote 101 the only copy of Dr. charles Shawley's research on the coyote instincts this is a must read.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top