Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

coyote call

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by OR_VARMINT_HUNTER, Feb 8, 2014.

1. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

OR_VARMINT_HUNTER Banks,OREGON Member

Are there any callers worth having besides a foxpro?

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I have a simple Primos Power Dogg.. I'm actually really impressed with it for what it is. Great size, durability, range, volume and clarity.

3. quiet one

quiet one woodland Member

Circe, it is my favorite call. I have used it for years and works very well.

4. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

I like my Power Dog. I picked it up when they were just introduced, and have had fairly good luck with it.
    My thought was to replace it with a Fox Pro when I could afford it. Even now that I can afford the Fox Pro, I just do not see the need to replace what works.

5. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

Wildlife technologies is better then Foxpro IMHO. I've had 5 different foxpros and all had to go back for service,repairs and upgrades I still own an FX3 but use mouth calls most of the time.

6. quiet one

quiet one woodland Member

I have only dabbled with electronic calls and not had really good luck with them, when we did use them but that was a long time ago I am sure they are much better now, I enjoy doing the calling myself, something about you making the noise and watching him run full bore thinking dinner is waiting then the surprise.

7. prkrgrp

prkrgrp oregon Active Member

I bought a power dogg 4 years ago for $89.00 dollars it has 12 sounds and I have killed a truck load of coyotes with it
    Welcome to Predators_west lake oswego, OR click on the photo gallery
    don't spend more than $150.00 on a ecaller, close reed distress calls are easy to use and work.

8. prkrgrp

right on man the power dogg is a great caller for $90.00 had mine for 5 years , you can see the teeth marks on it from dogs hitting it on a full run. hahaha

9. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I got mine for like $60 a year or so ago.. Natchez.

10. HotRod61

HotRod61 Happy Valley Active Member

Thanks or varmint hunter, great question. Thanks for everyone's in put . I was looking to invest in an electronic call and a mouth call for a combination of the both of them. ...HotRod

11. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Looking to get into coyote hunting once I get my precision AR finished up here soon. Is an electroNic call setup going to be that important? I was kind of hoping I could get out into the field with some carefully suggested mouth calls and practice with them and be good to go.

12. prkrgrp

wait until you get a few kills in, save the money for gas ammo ect.
    when your ready do not spend more the $150.00 on a call. stay with a close reed call until you get some time in a few kills.
    pm me I will send you a free close reed distress and some camo to help get you started also check out coyote 101 the only copy of Dr. charles Shawley's research on the coyote instincts this is a must read.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  13. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

^^^^ What he said! "You know, like, wit your mouf man!"