JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No bounty in oregon,furs don't bring much either.
If you learn to tan hides and then sell them locally you might make a couple of bucks.

No bounty in oregon,
And been gone for quite some time. I believe it was up to $25.00 when it was finally removed. One reason is some people were figuring out ways to make a part time profit from this such as finding the dens in the spring and taking the pups for the bounty. Some were actually capturing and breeding them for the same purpose

Big time sheep farmers pay 100 bucks a head. But they usually have trappers that do it for them full time. They set snares along fence and brush lines around here. The yotes they are after are a little harder to shoot or call in. If you can make a name for yourself calling predators Ive heard of people making quite a bit of money eliminating them for big land owners. But Its not something you see Joe Blow doing. Its a lifestyle. Like trapping or farming.

I heard of a guy out around bend a few years ago getting like 76 dogs, 11 bobcats and 2 cougars in one day with a suppressed .223. But I think he was some world champion caller if I remember right. It could have just been a gun shop story too...

I heard of a guy out around bend a few years ago getting like 76 dogs, 11 bobcats and 2 cougars in one day with a suppressed .223. But I think he was some world champion caller if I remember right. It could have just been a gun shop story too...
No doubt a story - that would be like 6 dogs per hour (giving a 12 hour day) plus the other critters. No matter how 'good' of a caller one is it is never that good!

No doubt a story - that would be like 6 dogs per hour (giving a 12 hour day) plus the other critters. No matter how 'good' of a caller one is it is never that good!

Thats kinda what I thought. Everybody but me knew the guys name and seemed to have heard of his record day. Maybe the joke was on me... Supposedly It was some huge piece of private property that was just overrun with predators... I dont know tho.lol. The best I have seen is 5 dogs in a day...

That sounds like a really good year of predator calling. I call whenever I get the chance, I think the reason people do better calling in the desert is that they can see better (less brush). I actually believe that western Oregon has more coyotes per square mile, they're just harder to see.

they're just harder to see.
And they can be hard to see in the sagebrush too! I have been startled by more than a few over the years that made there way pretty close to me while calling only to appear from what seemed like out of nowhere - and then disappear just as fast.

When I spot 'em around here, .308 with 110gr VMax slugs make the damn things vanish.

Hey, I would love some of the pelts.. I am going to make my gal a sheepskin coat and I want several to line the insides and for the hood ruff. Hopefully a few hit with FMJ to make the holes smaller

Coyotes are the good guys and the bad guys to the farmer/rancher. Depends on what the rancher has the most problems with...gophers in his alfalfa, or predation on his lambs. If the rancher has a gopher (and/or rabbit) problem there is a good chance he does not want the coyotes eliminated. Dirt in your hay will halve the value of that hay when you sell it.

I would shoot coyotes in the early winter (whenever trapping season for them is open). The only way you make money on them is with the pelts, and then only when they are in top shape (early to mid winter). Properly handled, prime western pelts can go up to $50.

If you do taxidermy work, full body mounts sell for good prices.

I don't think we will ever see prices equivalent to what we were getting in the early 70's. $75 for top goods, and that was 1970 dollars.

I don't think we will ever see prices equivalent to what we were getting in the early 70's. $75 for top goods, and that was 1970 dollars.
That brings back memories. During that 'run' everybody and their brother was either a coyote hunter or trapper here in Central Oregon.

good quality tanned hides are going from between 100-300 coyote fur is becoming very popular for blankets and jackets and people like hanging them on the wall....................the key is to sell them retail not to fur buyers

Big time sheep farmers pay 100 bucks a head. But they usually have trappers that do it for them full time. They set snares along fence and brush lines around here. The yotes they are after are a little harder to shoot or call in. If you can make a name for yourself calling predators Ive heard of people making quite a bit of money eliminating them for big land owners. But Its not something you see Joe Blow doing. Its a lifestyle. Like trapping or farming.

Maybe in a week or a month...maybe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top