JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have bait ideas that have worked? I have a limited area of my property where I can shoot into and would like to bait them to there, instead of calling them to me as they come from any direction and I can only safely shoot one way.

There was an article in Outdoor Life a couple months ago about a guy in the northeast that gets guts from other hunters' kills and a local slaughter house, freezes them in buckets and then sets them out. Apparently it worked pretty well for him. Said he put it about 150 yards from a stand, around 5-6 yards from a ditch that has approach cover in it.

The coyotes in my area love chicken! They have dined on mine more than once. I would stroll the farm section of craigslist, pick up a chicken or two for $5 and stake them to a rope in the area of the yard that offers you the safest shooting lane. When they're staked down they often make quite a racket on their own so you may not even need to call. Not to mention the live action will definetely make them more eager to approach and less likely to spot you.

Years ago I worked in Beverley Hills late at night. One morning at 4:00 I saw a coyote walking down the sidewalk
with a toy poodle in it's mouth. Since then I regard them as noble animals and welcome them to my neighborhood.
If you love your kitty or your rat dog; keep it in the house.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top