JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally applied for a Washington CPL after having my Oregon CHL for nearly eight years. I just thought I'd post this in case there are others that have put off getting their out-of-state license for whatever reason. I had heard all kinds of stories of money being taken and people being denied because they didn't have a good reason for wanting a non-resident license. Or people being required to have a letter from their employer stating they work in the other state and that's why they want the license. Or people said I would need a letter from the county sheriff where I live, addressed to the county I wanted to apply in, stating the reasons for my application.

I'm sure most of you know that none of that is true, but for the ones who don't, I'm letting you know now that all you need is photo ID and cash to get a Washington CPL. I chose Cowlitz county (Kelso, WA) because they 'promise' the license will arrive within 30 days, and Clark county says 60 days.

So, if anyone is worried about being questioned as to why you want a CPL, or worried about having to provide letters, or a long list of references, or whatever, just go get it done! Also, only 15 minutes from walking through the front door of the courthouse to walking back out. Very quick process:s0155:

WA is a shall issue state, for residents and non-residents. Therefore, if you meet the criteria (non-felon, no DV convictions, etc...) as listed in 9.41.070 you will be issued a CPL.

Non-residents may have to wait up to 60 days, while residents will receive theirs within 30 days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top