JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello,

The Triple K brand was what I owned in the past for my former s/a revolvers.

(I no longer shoot any handguns due to my bad hand issues.)

I had the western leather belt and 2 holsters.

One holster fit my beautiful RUGER Blackhawk 45Long Colt with a 7.5 inch barrel and I used it for my Blackhawk 357Magnum with a shorter barrel - 6.5 inch barrel too.

The other holster fit my various RUGER single action revolvers. Almost all of them were STANDARD beautiful convertible ones (22lr/22wmr) shy of one SPECIAL one that Ruger put out that was exclusively in a 22lr s/a revolver - no extra 22wmr cylinder. That cylinder was engraved and it was in a Bisley model.

The older (90's and on.) Rugers of mine had the wood grips and the newer ones had the standard black grips. ALL of them had the Ruger emblem on them.

ALL of my RUGER handguns were s/a revolvers and since they were bought from the late 90's and on (Back east and out here.) - they were all New Model versions since the RUGER company had already made those changes.

I found that the TRIPLE K BRAND was VERY comfortable no matter what I wore year round.

The belt/holsters fit over shorts/t shirt, jeans, a skirt/sweater, with an over jacket and with a heavier ranch coat just above my knees - it was not a longer 'duster' coat.

During the winter, I wore the belt and holster OVER my ranch coat at the range and when I was in the woods/wilderness with my husband hiking.

My western leather BELT was made for 45Long Colt cartridges. I only owned one Triple K western, leather belt.

I bought the belt and one 45Long Colt holster at Sportsman's Warehouse and they were IN STOCK at the store.

The second holster was bought at SW and it was a gift. That was in stock too.

I found that the western set up was much more comfortable for ME than ANY OTHER STYLE of belt or holster. I did not mind 'some' shoulder holsters especially in an Uncle Mike's black fabric. I LIKED that better than leather shoulder holsters in Bianchi or Galco. My MT husband had me try HIS B and G shoulder holsters for some of my former S&W d/a revolvers. I do not have a big chest but some of those leather shoulder holsters hit me wrong on the side of my breast NO matter how I tried to adjust them so I went back to my ORIGINAL purchase of my Uncle Mike's shoulder holster in the black fabric.

Best wishes to you. Good shooting too!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
If you want to support your local pro-gun businesses, how about Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard? They make cowboy action rigs and are very supportive of the sport.

Take it from a guy with a 40" waistline that's bounced from 38 to 46 over decades, buy your holster and ammo belt separately like the Josey Wales sort, instead of the tooled holster integral with the belt. Besides being more flexible as to where you position the holster, once its been slicked for the draw and seasoned like a good ball glove, you wont have to start over conditioning a new one when you drink too many beers :s0059:and need a longer belt. :rolleyes:

My estate sale FFL had one that he was going to give me last time I was buying a gun from him.
I'll email him and ask if he still has it. He's near you just west of Washington Square Mall off of hwy 217.

I have been unable to find a proper cross draw holster of any quality, most seem to be more "costume" and less about actual use! My last got the closest, but is still far less then ideal! I really NEED a good quality holster in the Remington 1858 Pattern, but not a traditional cheap looking and feeling one!

I know there was a guy in Scio that was making custom holsters, but I don't know if he is still around, cant find a website or contact info, and don't even know the name! Any help would be super cool and much appreciated!

I have been unable to find a proper cross draw holster of any quality, most seem to be more "costume" and less about actual use! My last got the closest, but is still far less then ideal! I really NEED a good quality holster in the Remington 1858 Pattern, but not a traditional cheap looking and feeling one!

I know there was a guy in Scio that was making custom holsters, but I don't know if he is still around, cant find a website or contact info, and don't even know the name! Any help would be super cool and much appreciated!

AE Nelson?

I favor ted blocker in tigard/beaverton. It is the only place I have ordered new holsters so not much experience to say if anyone else is better or not. But I like em and they hold up well.

Don't know about Cowboy Action but I shoot SASS.

So.....the rules are different (I suspect).

Anyway.....
IMHO.....choose your shooting category. Then, choose you persona and costume. Rrrrright...... the story and his clothes tells a lot about THE MAN.

Watch plenty of movies too. They're fun though not always historically correct.

One of my favorite web sites to get new SASS shooters started would be.....
http://www.curtrich.com/captbaylorsrangercamp.html

More info about SASS.
https://www.sassnet.com/

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'm in need of a gun belt for my foray into cowboy action shooting. Feel free to show off the one you got, but do also let me know where you got it. Thanks!

I have this one I can sell... I believe it is a 34" I'll dig it out if you are interested.

20200222_133856 (1).jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads