JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know of anywhere in the SW Washington or Portland area that has Cowboy Action matches. I'm thinking about getting into this and would like to see a match in person.

Molalla River Rangers, SASS. At Canby Gun Club, monthly, 1st Saturday, March thru November.

Canby Rod & Gun Club

caMRRlogo.jpg MOLALLA RIVER RANGERS caSASSlogo.jpg
SASS Cowboy Action Shooting at Canby Rod and Gun Club
Located at 25011 S Molalla Forest Road, Canby, Oregon

First Saturday - March through November
Registration - 8:00 AM at the clubhouse
Shooting to start at 9:00 AM

If you are just learning about cowboy action shooting visit the SASS - Single Action Shooting Society's web site at www.sassnet.com. This is an excellent site which gives you information about the guns that will be required, period correct clothing and all sorts of other details.

Orientation:
First time shooters who have not shot cowboy action shooting at a range previously are required to complete an orientation class before shooting a match with the Molalla River Rangers. This class will give you a rundown of the rules and work up to shoot a stage which will allow you to familiarize yourself with the guns before shooting an actual match. Orientations are scheduled as follows, and the complete schedule can be found here:

• April 18th
  • June 20st
  • August 15th
  • October 17th
A Wild Bunch orientation will be held on:
  • April 25th
Arrangements to take a class and get information as to what guns and gear will be required can be obtained by contacting one of the following people. (Please note that if a shooting alias has a link - is underlined - clicking on the link will display a picture of that person.)

Cost for the class will be $10.00.
Molalla River Rangers' Shooting Schedule:

The complete schedule for Molalla River Rangers shoots and activities can be found here.

Questions and contact information: E-mail -
[email protected] or
[email protected]
Barrelhouse Bob (Bob Scharbach): 503-656-4967
Celilo (Steve Roden) and Bullseye Miss (Dorothy Roden): 503-284-6084
Rowdy Rex (Michael Strickland): 503-590-9725
Tex Dover (Al Kitzmiller): 503-655-6718

This page was last modified on: 03/27/2015 12:08:54

Last Edited:
Wolverton MT. Gun Club near Ariel,WA has a group as well. Check their website. I have contemplated getting involved also, but it seems like a large summertime time commitment and I have too little time already :(

Thanks for all the information everyone. Glad to know there are some places nearby. Looking forward to participating in some of these matches.

Last Edited:
a bit out of the named area, but Florence,Or has a great cowboy club, we shoot under cover, rain or shine. 12 months out of the year. And man our pot luck lunch is outtasight !!

We have a facebook page, the Siuslaw river rangers.

We shoot the 1st Sunday of the month, signup at 9 am, shooting starts about 10 am, we shoot 5 stages, then tear down and head to lunch.

Visitors always welcome, if yo come to shoot just introduce your self to the match director and he'll make sure you have mentor if you are fairly new to the game.

btw I"ve shot at all the clubs named here, there isn't a bad one among them.

note .. I think that Woverton and Canby require you to take the orientation to shoot, so be sure to look into that,on their websites/facebook pages.

Mark... Ma96782 is this still required at Wolverton?

Actually, I don't know. But, it's usually a simple enough process to show Buster that you know how to draw from a holster and operate your firearms safely. Always pointed in a safe direction and etc...

Aloha, Mark

Covid and Oregon regs have stopped several Oregon clubs from holding matches, here in Florence that is the case :( Be sue to check with the club before heading out .
almost all if not all of the PNW clubs have an internet presence. Facebook in particular

Yes, since this resurrected thread is over two years old, things are subject to change.;)

I just looked at the Canby Gun Club calendar, and the cowboy events are still scheduled.

A feller would be wise to make a phone call and get it from the horses mouth.

Last Edited:
I'm not a member, but they shoot at the club I belong to.

http://wolvertonmtnpeacekeepers.com/

2021 Shooting Calendar

We shoot the 3nd Saturday of each month (March to September) with the exception of August which is our 2-day Anniversary Match, for 2021 this will be held on the 4th weekend in August. Please note we are closed October, November, December, January & February. All SASS rules apply.

Woverton used to require a training session before allowing new shooters to shoot a match, Be a good idea to contact them on their .com,might be able to find out ontheir Fb page too
CAnby shot today, Florence shoots tomorrow here at the coast

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads