JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
hey guys i've heard through the grapevine that there's a shooting area in or near covington. i live 2 miles from covington so it would be perfect for me so i can shoot more often. from what i hear it's pretty low key, but even some police from the area shoot there from time to time. i don't plan on taking anybody there, just need somewhere closer than an hour away to shoot how i want to shoot. meaning i can't practice the drills i want to run at the ranges close by, like holster draws, double taps, and other drills of the sort. if you're comfortable letting me know but not everybody else on nwf, please throw me a pm. thanks guys

is it top secret as in nobody will tell me? or is it so top secret that nobody knows? haha come on guys you're killing me, i just need somehwere to shoot close to home and practice drills. i hate having to plan out shooting trips which are an hour or more away. thanks again

My buddy lives there, and has told me dishcharging a firearm anywhere in King Co is illegal...have't verified that personally tho.

i thought it was a city ordinance not a county ordinance. like i said, it's a secret spot from what i've heard that even cops shoot at sometimes, i don't think they'd bust you for doing the exact same thing they're doing... with witnesses anyways lol

I think it would have to be on private land (with owner's permission) or on national forest land (where not prohibited). On my next day off I plan to look out past the Kanaskat and Palmer areas in the national forest there.

My phone map wouldn't update and I went the wrong way ended up in Enumclaw, so I went to the ranger station got a forest service map. The ranger wasn't helpful and said I had to find a suitable location when I asked about the greenwater shooting pit. I'll look near Kangley when I take another run at it in a week or so. It does not look promising though, the map indicates the area is the Cedar River watershed and closed to the public, sorry.

oh no. it's all good. atleast you had some time to get out and check things out. yeah i know where the greenwater pits are at because that's where i normally shoot, and i love the spots when they aren't crowded or somebody walks up and says "hey i'm gonna shoot here so you have to move from where you're shooting." dicks lol. anyways, greenwater is over an hour away from where i'm at in kent so that's why i'm looking for somewhere to shoot closer by. thanks again for getting out and blazing trails

For more then 10 years now it has not been legal to shoot outdoors in King County unless at a range. You can get maps at a local sheriffs office showing areas that are available for shooting outdoors depending on which county you are in.
Not true. There are plenty of places to shoot in King County that are not a "range".

we used to shoot near the power lines off Kent-Kangley. I was told (sheriff) several years ago that the area is no longer available for shooting, and i believe it has been posted. I gave up and joined Paul Bunyon. It is a bit of a drive from Auburn, but well worth it.

i try to avoid ranges as much as possible unless i'm trying to sight in a long gun. isn't much fun nor good practice to shoot standing still all day and pulling the trigger only every 5 seconds. i know the rules are there for a reason, but come on, there's gotta be sections for people that want to train right? anyways, i'll definitely have to check out the sheriff's office for a map of shooting areas then, thanks for the advice

nope, nothing at all. i go to greenwater, that's the best place i have found so far. i was just up there sunday, it was a nice clear day i was excited haha. but still, the hour and a half drive doesn't really seem worth it sometimes. i wish i had some property and i'd be shooting non stop

I'm up in that area all the time and there's a good range near by in Ravensdale.

Cascade Rifle New Outdoor Rnge
26520 292nd Avenue Southeast, Ravensdale, WA
(425) 413-2687

honey hole off tinkham road off i90 seems about the closest for a shooting spot. wilkeson would mean i'd have to drive to olympia which is over an hour away from here as well. i'm just in this hole where everything is over an hour away, laaaaame lol.

yes i've just seen that shooting range. but again, i'm not looking for a shooting range, i'm looking for a shooting spot. i don't want to have to put up with stupid range rules and everything else we've discussed. thanks tho

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top