JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one..who finds it annoying..when folks don't answer their PM's?

I mean..I always respond asap..if someone takes the time to contact me.. My response may be a "No Thanks"..but I just think it's common courtesy..to respond when contacted..

Of course..I'm a cantankerous old geezer..with old fashioned ideas..:D

Just checked my PMs... Looks like I'm safe :)

I completely agree DoubleTap, a lot of people ignore PMs with offers instead of replying with something like "No thanks I'm not interested". Big pet peeve of mine. :D

I hate PM's personally... Because I have to make a concerted effort to check them... Email is much better for me. Thunderbird check my mail every 10 minutes and lets me know if there is a new message. Just my opinion.

Point taken.. I probably should have been more general..and said.."responding to messages".. Same would be true for email..as well as PM's.. BTW..you always responded..:s0155:

And I will admit when I have posted or responded to a item for sale trade, I do ensure that I check my PM's, otherwise I bad about checking for PM's.

I cannot thank you enough for the trade that we did! That Colt has been wonderful! I've made a couple changes to it and love it! Thanks again!!!:) I do miss the trigger on the Kimber you have... None of my other 1911 have that nice of a trigger:eek:

I'm glad the Colt went to someone who appreciates it.. Was a heck of a process to get the deal done..but I know it has a good home..

Worth every mile... :) And the communication was great (trying to stay on topic:s0114:) which made it worthwhile to make a trip up north for the trade.

It's a shame to have to re-visit this topic.. But..unless it's just me..this is getting worse lately..

I don't know how many PM's I've sent recently..either to ask a question..or to make an offer..that the poster.just doesn't reply to..

I'm sorry..but to me..that's just plain RUDE..

I'd personally like to think that as a community..gun enthusiasts are a cut above in many aspects.. But..aparrently..common courtesy isn't as common as it should be..

Just my :s0159: but if someone takes the time to make you an offer..the least you could do..is take a couple seconds to respond....

It's a shame to have to re-visit this topic.. But..unless it's just me..this is getting worse lately..

I don't know how many PM's I've sent recently..either to ask a question..or to make an offer..that the poster.just doesn't reply to..

I'm sorry..but to me..that's just plain RUDE..

I'd personally like to think that as a community..gun enthusiasts are a cut above in many aspects.. But..aparrently..common courtesy isn't as common as it should be..

Just my :s0159: but if someone takes the time to make you an offer..the least you could do..is take a couple seconds to respond....

I completely agree on this. I'm sure I've lost out on a few deals because the OP didn't take the time to answer their PM's.

I agree totally had a couple offers on my goods I wrote back and then never heard from them again.Granted not being able to drive to meet them is not a + but i will be back in the saddle soon ,If they would have read my complete ad they would know and not made the offer because of it. just write back and say yea or nay..no offence taken.

thats all.

It doesn't bother me if they don't answer.There is nothing in life I have to have that will get me upset if I don't get it. I am a buyer not a seller in general. If the seller chooses to ignore me it's his right. It is my right to move along and be happy.

jj

wow I have been on noth sides of this fence, on one hand I love to make deals and PM people on thier goods and respond back to peoples PM's. on the other hand raising a couple of boys it seems sometimes I have enough time to send a pm and then I have to suffer through a couple of days where I cannot get back to someone and thats not cool but sometimes we are a victim of circumstance, eh

I agree that it is totally RUDE to ignore someones PMs, or emails. I have experienced this very thing within the past week, or so. I sent TWO PMs to a person, and never heard back from him. I just dont understand it really.

I always have the courtesy to respond to someone who has a question, or comment for me.

I guess courtesy, and social graces are dying things in todays world. It is very sad indeed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top