JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Court deals blow to NRA, Second Amendment in gun case

A unanimous ruling by the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in Houston today dealt a blow to the National Rifle Association and, gun rights activists might argue, the Second Amendment.

<broken link removed>

Court says the fed govt CAN prohibit handgun sales to people aged 18-20. This was an NRA case down in Texas.

I'm old enough to remember when drinking age went from 18 to 21 and the way it happened in MA was that they phased it in over 3 years. Basically if you were old enough to drink, your right was not taken away, but those who were 17 had their bar admission moved out of reach every year until they turned 21. I was in that group. I tought that drinking age should have been 18 back then, and I maintain that same opinion today.

How does it make sense to try someone as an adult, allow the to vote and yet forbid them from consuming alcohol?
Also, the way the federal government did this stinks to high heaven - they forced the states to pass laws to increase the drinking age or they would not receive federal funds. It all goes back to the 10th and how the federal government has overstepped its constitutional authority by a mile.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top