Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Couple of questions Spectre II + 15-22...1) POI shift 2) Polished baffles

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by datsthat, Jul 1, 2013.

1. datsthat

datsthat seattle, wa Member

Hello, I have couple of quetions...

1) I was hoping to make the clean up easier by polishing my Spectre II baffles. Is this a mistake? Any harm?
    Polished using dremal
    20130630_124412.jpg

Lower baffle is with about 400rds
    20130630_124434.jpg

2) I am using a Spectre II with 15-22 (stock barrel length / No spacers, direct mount via factory threads) and the POI shifts are terriable. Its so bad that I thought I was getting baffle strikes, but didn't see anything when I disassmbled. The POI is not consistent, it looks like I am shooting with my left hand at 25 yards. At 50 yards, I am not even hitting paper. Any suggestions? I have not tried on a different host yet...

2. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

1) They may look nicer, but polished baffles are less efficient than dirty ones. Dirty/rough baffles will create more turbulance, which is better for suppression.

2) If you are sure you aren't getting baffle strikes/shaving lead, than it is the gun. Perhaps the extra weight on the barrel is causing it to hit a handguard or something in an uneven/flexy way?

3. datsthat

datsthat seattle, wa Member

I was hoping that it would make the clean up a little easier. It took longer and much more effort to clean them then to individually polish them even after roughly 400rds. It shouldn't take too many shots to dirty them up. I was wondering if I polished off any of the heat treatment (if any at all).

I don't see any signs of a baffle strike as I don't see any nics. I wonder if I need to get a spacer b/c the factory threads are too long??????