JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger finally released an SR1911 9mm and S&W released a .45 Shield.
Been waiting for Ruger to release an SR1911 in 9mm but wanted a full size. They released a lightweight commander. Guess I will either have to wait another year for the full size or stick with the plan of buying a Springfield 1911 in 9mm.
Not sure I care about the Shield that much but that's a great pistol to have an option in that caliber.
Who's going to run out and get one of either?

1. Kind of puzzling to me. Doesn't the 9mm operate at 50% higher pressure than the .45 ACP? Wouldn't a steel frame make for a more durable 9mm pistol? That would seem more Ruger like, in my opinion. I suppose the lighter weight aluminum frame would make for more comfortable carry, but can it really compete with the plastic "wonder 9's"?

I.....dunno', an aluminum wonder nine might just row my boat! I could go for, a couple ounces heavier vs the strength of aluminum, trade off!:D

Last Edited:
  1. Kind of puzzling to me. Doesn't the 9mm operate at 50% higher pressure than the .45 ACP? Wouldn't a steel frame make for a more durable 9mm pistol? That would seem more Ruger like, in my opinion. I suppose the lighter weight aluminum frame would make for more comfortable carry, but can it really compete with the plastic "wonder 9's"?

Sig and Beretta have been using aluminum frames for 9mm and 45 for years. Not to mention 40 S&W and 357 SIG which are loaded to even higher pressures.

Ruger finally released an SR1911 9mm and S&W released a .45 Shield.
Been waiting for Ruger to release an SR1911 in 9mm but wanted a full size. They released a lightweight commander. Guess I will either have to wait another year for the full size or stick with the plan of buying a Springfield 1911 in 9mm.
Not sure I care about the Shield that much but that's a great pistol to have an option in that caliber.
Who's going to run out and get one of either?

Now girls can carry a 45 too!!

swmp_45.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

Here are some announcements about it:

Smith & Wesson Announces M&P45 Shield Pistol (https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/5/20/smith-wesson-announces-mp45-shield-pistol/)

New from Smith & Wesson: M&P45 Shield - The Truth About Guns (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/05/daniel-zimmerman/new-smith-wesson-mp45-shield/)

And a video from Smith & Wesson all about the new 45 Shield for girls:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads