JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Trespassing + intimidation + disparity of force = I better get my gun out now.

That fellow who was waving a golf club and yelling at the "mostly peaceful protesters" would have been in a much better position if he'd been holding a shotgun.

Whatever we tolerate as a society is what we'll continue to get. And it'll only get worse.

Last Edited:
@EHJ I haven't responded to your question because it is a red herring. This is a case of a group of people being judged by the actions of others. This protest wasn't a riot; these people did not attack anyone. Showing me a video of some other incident somewhere else with other people is useless except to show your willingness to conflate them.

Where I come from, you're innocent until proven otherwise and you prepare for the worst but give people the opportunity to be their best. Had I been in their shoes, I probably would have checked to see where they were heading and gone back to work. If I actually felt threatened, you can be sure that I'd make a show of force. You can also be sure that I would not be pointing a gun at anyone until I'm ready to shoot. And that, to me, is a critical difference.

Honestly, I'm tired of this topic and will be ignoring all future posts coming from this one. You're not convincing me that this couple acted logically and responsibly and I'm not convincing you that the majority of people are not the rioters that you've seen on the news 24/7 or that the couple's actions were over a line.

Now, I've been coding all night to make up hours. I think I'll get some sleep. Cheers,
Broken gates. Trespassing, potentially death threats. These are crimes. Maybe I am sensitive on this issue as I fixed bayonet on my SKS as a teen as someone was breaking through the front door. I have been a victim of a couple serious beat downs that years later have lingering effects. Things that effect me every day.

I have sensitivity to vibration where a chunk of my skull came loose around my ear. I have diminished lung capacity from ribs not healing right creating a baseball bat sized divot in the side of my rib cage. And I am damn lucky.

It is easy to sit in judgment if you haven't faced a mob. But lest we forget, locally these mostly peaceful protesters set a Portland precinct on fire and tried to keep everyone inside. Mobs are dangerous.

And these are in actuality quite often violent. I do not care much about property in the grand scheme of things. But you present that level of threat to my family I am not afraid to die fighting for my family.

You can pretend these are the Vienna boys choir, but they aren't. Now since I have been in Oregon I have pointed a gun at 1 person. And he had a knife. I took his knife. Snapped it with the curb and everyone went home alive.

That didn't take long lol
1593802145199.png

Seems like a permanent solution to a temporary (and perhaps long-running) problem...

This couple is in a bit of a living Hell right now. No police or private security will assist. Doesn't sound like their neighbors will rally around them either. This is how the revolution will be lost - one neighborhood at a time.

Well, I see a potential silver lining to this development which just might send a message to Greater America...

With the McCloskeys refusal to flee their home, combined with their inability to procure private security to protect same, and with the local and state LE being unable/unwilling to help, if The Mob returns and makes good on its threat to injure/kill the McCloskeys or damage/torch their property, then the McCloskeys are now completely within the law to justifiably neutralize any threat The Mob brings to them.

This just might be the spark that turns Greater America against The Mob; hence, the silver lining to which I alluded in my opening remark...

Last Edited:
Hard to see a situation where we as a society decide to allow a threat of violence escalate into citizens killing each other without even trying to mitigate it as a silver lining, can we compromise on maybe tin?

I'll go as far as cadmium, but not an element further... :D

You mention trying to mitigate. Who is to perform that mitigation service at this point, given that the local and state police have refused to get involved and/or are being prevented from getting involved? I don't know who would have any actual authority to serve as a mediator between The Mob and the McCloskeys at this point.

Methinks if The Mob returns to do these people harm, then The Mob has asked for and deserves whatever it gets.
At this point in time, it's basically a no harm/no foul situation, with the McCloskeys potentially on the losing end of a felony lawsuit.

In the initial encounter, no one was injured, no one was killed, and no property was damaged (save for a small iron gate). That's a NBD as it stands right now.
Should The Mob decide to return to this home to wreak its own vengeance, then all bets are off, IMHO.

Last Edited:
To reiterate, when somebody pointedly ignores "No Trespassing" and "Residents Only" signs and BREAKS DOWN YOUR DAMN GATE, that's kinda Prima facie evidence of hostile intent right there.

We should be better than the legacy media. The gate was destroyed at some point, but there is video of the mob entering through an open undestroyed gate. We can't make the facts be what we wish they were -- that's what Antifa and BLM do.

They're rich and can afford a his and her set...
Do you have to upgrade to the heavy-duty wiper blades if you put one of those in your rig? Seemed like a veritable downpour of brass on the windshield... :D

Yep, after the McCloskey's we're doxxed and threatened after this happened I'd expect the sheep to cower, you know very well that neighborhood would get much unwanted attention if they hadn't bent their collective knee's to the hoard.

The riots surely influenced the letter, but the McCloskeys have not made friends with their neighbors: Messenger: This wasn't the first time the McCloskeys pulled a gun to protect property, lawsuit says

"Between the time of acquisition of One Portland Place and the construction of the above-referenced ten foot wall, the McCloskeys regularly prohibited all persons, including Portland Place residents, from crossing the Parcel including at least at one point, challenging a resident at gun point who refused to heed the McCloskeys' warnings to stay off such property," states an affidavit in the lawsuit.

The McCloskeys are suing the property organization they belong to, arguing that they own a piece of the common area by adverse possession (a nice legal way of saying that if you squat on someone else's property long enough, you own it). Anyway, suing the neighborhood organization to take land by squatting, and pulling a gun on a neighbor in the past, is going to make enemies eager to sign anything against them, and the riot issue is just icing.

EDIT: this too -- sounds like an HOA nightmare situation:
The McCloskeys and the trustees have bickered over seeding and landscaping, over tiles and tuckpointing, and, yes, even over the "Private Street" sign. According to the lawsuit, "Mark McCloskey dug up the sign and reinstalled it on the south side of the sidewalk."

Such it is in Private St. Louis, where the trustees of Portland Place say the sliver of land belongs to them, as it was described in assessor's documents more than 116 years ago, and the McCloskeys say the legal concept of "adverse possession" means they own it.

This couple is in a bit of a living Hell right now. No police or private security will assist. Doesn't sound like their neighbors will rally around them either. This is how the revolution will be lost - one neighborhood at a time.

I'm hoping there are some Rootop Koreans who will contract with this couple to provide security. Better yet, a few battle-hardened Marines.

I have, in the past, had to deal with an adverse possession claim in WA state. It wasn't any fun, but in the end, I won...

And no, I was not the squatter. It was our land from the get-go. What pissed me off was we had to spend money to defend/retain our own bubbleguming land.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews