JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Remember St. Louis has the highest murder rate in the USA.. I just drove through St Louis on my move to Nashville and I can say some parts of that city are from a horror movie. Like Zombie Apocalypse. When the hood comes to meet the rich folk (and St Louis has big division of wealth and poor) you kind of have to be a bit vigilant. So the more affluent class of St Louis people tend to be a little edgy.. For better or worse :confused:

These scared suburban rich folk probably thought the sky was falling, especially watching a police station being burned down in Minneapolis as well as stores and homes being attacked around the country and no cops to be seen on site ..

Yeah, they really do need some training and learn about gun safety and gun laws, but I hate to say, welcome to the new America. This is just the beginning. I can also bet if more of this stuff happens, that trigger will get a little frigidity and we will see a showdown in Chesterfield or Clayton..

Is this Deja Vu or have I posted this before? :rolleyes:

She sure wasn't practicing firearm safety. Low ready seemed more appropriate than flagging everyone the entire time, she just looked stupid, honestly.

LOVE IT! Hear the one brave one telling her he is going to take the gun? Well then step right on up and take it from her. The one problem with these kids who have never been told no, and who those in charge are allowing to do anything they want. Sooner or later some of them will forget they really are not bullet proof. One of them will work up enough stupidity to try to take the gun from some home owner who will let them have the bullets first.

I am 100% with the home owners.

I am tired of these worthless sacks wrecking havoc with impunity. You bring your bull crap to somebody's home and all bets are off.

Yes, there are limits to free speech, they had no right attacking these people at their personal home, and the home owner had every right to defend it.

1) Sweeping the crowd was not a good idea.
Maybe Suhl or low ready would be better.

2) May I suggest the common garden hose with adjustable nozzle for dealing with trespassers?
In the past I have found it to work well on errant canines who make a pest of themselves.
It's obviously low on the continuum of force and manifestly unlikely to cause death or GBH.
Squirt their shoes and it's ***squish squish squish*** for the rest of the day.
If squirting their shoes urinates them off bad enough to attack you, they should have taken the hint and left to get dry socks.

Hhhmm, let's criticize the trespassing crowd, before getting all Karen about the armed couple.

I don't like dangerous mobs whose potential for violence is very, very thin.

Yes, the property owning couple failed by virtue of unsafe gun handling practice, but they remained on their property.

Don't like how they handled themselves?

Don't trespass.

Easy.

Yeah, a mob of 500+ lefty loony looters break into a gated community intent on storming the mayor's home. These people were legally defending themselves - look at how these "protests" have devolved in Louisville, Seattle, Atlanta, or Minneapolis. They're have been numerous buildings burned, people shot and beaten - yeah no screw this mob. I'll bet that these people are first time gun owners. St. Louis is a pretty bright blue part of Missouri. I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were self-described democrats left behind by the radicalization of their party, and like millions of other Americans since January, have realized they needed firearms to protect themselves. They look like they need some training, but they did good - the mob stayed away from them and no one was killed.

Re the Op link: Did Carole Baskin re-marry?
I thought he husband was taller...

0EA1D9B7-904E-4856-B0D3-DABFDD3DA062.png

Yes, they look goofy and clueless, but....

The way things keep degrading, there's almost a 100% chance that sooner or later a homeowner(s) is (are) going to shoot dead one (or a few) of these "protesters" in their neighborhood, and furthermore if ever I'm on a jury for this type of thing at a trial, I won't vote to convict them any more than I would a car driver plowing through people attempting to escape them attacking their car on the street.

o_O

You would think that lawyers would be a little smarter about the law and public perceptions?
People do strange things when they fear for their lives...You've already seen some of these crowds toss Molotov cocktails. How would we react if the hoard showed up on our front door? Also, wouldn't they be less apt to come back if they saw a wall of armed neighbors?

1) "Hhhmm, let's criticize the trespassing crowd, before getting all Karen about the armed couple."
My comment was based on the likliehood that a Democrat DA could charge them with Menacing, Depraved Indifference, or some other BS charge to discourage armed HD. My concern was for the homeowners, not the mob.

2) Stomper, unless you blatantly lied in voir dire you would be the 1st peremptory challenge. No DA would allow you on a jury to railroad a gun owner. Besides that they prefer the less intelligent and the more easily manipulated, neither of which likely describes you.

3) "You would think that lawyers would be a little smarter about the law and public perceptions?"
My thoughts as well.

4) As things proceed you can expect common criminals to take advantage of the situation. Home invasions in rural areas might sound attractive in a time of "Defund the police" and "bail reform."

2) Stomper, unless you blatantly lied in voir dire you would be the 1st peremptory challenge. No DA would allow you on a jury to railroad a gun owner. Besides that they prefer the less intelligent and the more easily manipulated, neither of which likely describes you.

Yeah, so? Any worse than the dipsheits in office who lied taking their oath of office?

Lying to liars in the pursuit of real justice is no vice... and I'd be the "meat-puppet" master during the selection process.... but I'm a white heterosexual male, so yeah I probably wouldn't make it past the first cut in a "BLM" related trial... which ironically would be SEXIST and RACIST!

;):D

rev45,

Your comments are all over the map, at least to me.

To sum up: Ultimately think the couple came out on top or wish to criticize them?

Were I in their shoes, (yes, yes I would observe safe gun handling) I too would stand ready to defend myself, my loved one or ones, and my home.

I would guess you would too or am I wrong?

I'm not a fan of protesters in my neighborhood, but having said that the organizers, whether 'official' or ad hoc, did seem to do a reasonable job of keeping it moving and off people's lawns. If it had been me, I'd probably want to keep indoors, with my rifle slung up and some spare mags unless people actually got on my lawn. I don't see anything wrong with what the Mr. did though, he didn't seem terribly out of control. The Mrs shouldn't have been trusted with a firearm without more training though.

It's tempting to like what they did but I'm not OK with people pointing guns at other citizens who are walking on a public accomodation or publicly accessible area.

Keep 'em slung/holstered and ready.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews