JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cook County Sheriff Running Private Party Firearm Sales Stings?

Found this at another forum (AR15.com). This is what we can expect with registration. FUBAR!

I had a rifle on armslist that I was looking to dump, nothing important. When I received a email from a buyer telling me they wanted to purchase the rifle. We exchanged phone numbers. I received a text last Friday asking me to meet the buyer. I was working, but wasn't busy.

They wanted to meet in Oak Park, I said NO WAY.

They recommended a different spot. I agreed, the Portillos on Roosevelt and DesPlanes. There is a gun range a couple of blocks from there that I thought would be a better place but, it was Friday and I was more afraid of rush hour then I was of the location.

Long story short, it smelled and looked wrong. the car was a pick up with black windows. I'm thinking gangbanger. When I pull up two guys get out of the car, but they are both older white guys. They didn't match the car. They look over the rifle, but when it comes time to sign the paper work, the guy doesn't have a FOID card. He tells me he has a domestic arrest.

I tell him I can't sell him the rifle, he offers more money, I reject his offer. He keeps try. I keep saying NO.

Next thing I know, there are 50 cops surrounding me, they are searching my car, and handcuffing me and toss me in the back of a car.

Within 15 minutes I'm in the Maywood sheriff station. They are asking where I live, how many guns do I own, how many I've sold. The experience was rough and distressing. I didn't want to answer any questions.
All I can think is that I'm in handcuffs for some reason, did I break a law I wasn't aware of. If I answer a question wrong I end up in a jump suit.

Turns out, I didn't break any laws. They want me to give them information that I didn't have. I almost had a heart attack. I walked out an hour later with my rifle.

What the bloody hell was that. Is this how we threat citizens when political fortunes are on the line. It took me a week before I had the nerve to post on this site. I use be mad at people who refused to sell to cook county residents. Now I understand, its not worth it.

How native (sic) was I, be-careful. FTF is hard enough without having to worry about bogus stings.

BEWARE OF THE COOK COUNRY SHERIFF The Games Have Begun - AR15.COM

Yep, that's Crook County for ya.

In a one-party city or state it's who you know or pay off that decides who gets charged and who doesn't. Maybe he should have told them he's a friend of someone high in Chicago politics.

While I wouldn't put it past any law enforcement in Chicago, this seems a little fishy. The guy was asked to provide the email that he says he received, and sort of glossed over the idea of posting it. He was asked for the number of the person who contacted him, no go. He doesn't seem interested in suing, and doesn't seem to want to name any of the officers involved. Right now it's just some guy on the Internet with a story.

While I wouldn't put it past any law enforcement in Chicago, this seems a little fishy. The guy was asked to provide the email that he says he received, and sort of glossed over the idea of posting it. He was asked for the number of the person who contacted him, no go. He doesn't seem interested in suing, and doesn't seem to want to name any of the officers involved. Right now it's just some guy on the Internet with a story.

Yup. Doesn't pass the BS test.

But...it is on BArfkom. I'm not even a little bit surprised.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top