JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently an accidental shooting with a gun being used as a prop in a music video. No details yet on how it occurred. Very sad to hear this. My condolences to his family.

Here is one link to the story, still developing:

Country Singer Justin Carter Dead at 35 After Accidental Shooting

Now my editorial. Having witnessed a recent shift away from the the pro-2A stance often associated with country music in the past, I'm guessing more in the country arena will take this event and jump on the anti-2A bandwagon. I can only hope that's not the case as we need as much support as possible. Still, the anti's never waste a story that can help push more gun control.

Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends from this tragic event.
I'm not a country music fan but nevertheless any life taken through incompetence is one too many.

It seems like nowadays any event like this will get people to jump on the bandwagon with the Anti-gun crowd when it was an individual that caused this and should be blamed entirely.:mad:

The last bit of that article changed the mood for me entirely. The family is looking for donations to bury him? Call me strange or uncaring, but I think he's made enough money to bury himself dozens of times over. It's unfortunate someone had to die that way at all but I really think it's in poor taste on the family's part to try and squeeze money out of it

an accidental shooting with a gun being used as a prop in a music video.
Up-and-coming country singer Justin Carter has died after a gun accidentally fired while he was filming a music video. He was 35.

Carter's mother, Cindy McClellan, told Fox News her son was filming a music video in Houston, Texas, on Saturday when a gun in his pocket "went off and caught my son in the corner of his eye."
A gun in his pocket being used as a 'prop' in a video? AND in his 'pocket' and pointed at his face?

Very sad. I guess it never occurred to me a prop gun could be loaded or even shot, you'd think someone was in charge of making sure it's a prop, as in a non-functioning replica or something like that.

Condolences to his family.

Stupid hurts. Unless it's lethal. Then it only hurts a while.
[edit to add]
I'd done some stupid sh*t in my life. If I ever do something this stupid, toss my meat sack out in a field to be food for the coyotes, rats and vultures. At least make something useful out of my carcass.

Last Edited:
I guess it never occurred to me a prop gun could be loaded or even shot, you'd think someone was in charge of making sure it's a prop,
Report states a 'gun' being USED as a prop - and not specifically a 'prop' gun.
a gun being used as a prop in a music video.
The prop guns I have seen could not be loaded or shot. (I have worked on a few movie sets)
I am going to take a wild guess and say the gun was not being used as a 'prop' at all.

I don't know the man. I never heard of him.

For that matter, I never heard about a lot of the singers, actors, so called Holly-weird people, famous (?!?) people, etc. out there in la la land.

With that said, may he rest in peace. I do mean that.

I saw this story on various news (!) websites and on some forums. The story does not add up to me but I am NO expert in firearm deaths and I was NOT present at the scene of the 'shooting'. Was the exact story told to begin with? Beats me.

Condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

Cate

The last bit of that article changed the mood for me entirely. The family is looking for donations to bury him? Call me strange or uncaring, but I think he's made enough money to bury himself dozens of times over. It's unfortunate someone had to die that way at all but I really think it's in poor taste on the family's part to try and squeeze money out of it

They said "up and coming" country music singer... I've never heard of him, so I have to wonder how much money he could have made. Maybe not much. Maybe he had big bills. Maybe he had big support payments. IDK. What I do know is that in his age bracket "crowd-funding" is rampant. My daughter asks for money for her husband's birthday and for the kids, my grand-daughter asks for money for the kids, online. I don't get it, I don't ask for money and never would. But it's a different world today!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (the "rolleyes" are for the funding, not for your comment. :))

A gun in his pocket being used as a 'prop' in a video? AND in his 'pocket' and pointed at his face?

Could have been a mouse gun in a coat pocket. That could get turned around. But those mouse guns have something like a 35lb trigger pull and 3" of takeup before the break.... musta been a Glock. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top