JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welp, pandering to the woke is the new "IT" thing, and NYC is one of the epicenters of wokeness, so yea!
Attempting to attract new listeners while turning your back on your core audience, yea, that will work, lets try that, kind of like NASCAR and the NFL!

Country hasnt been country in a long time. Hearing all of those skinny jean wearing wannabe country guys singing about a "hard days work" makes me laugh. I bet their hands are soft as silk.

CMT and the rest of those rhinestone cowboys can pound sand.

This just emboldens my belief that country has lost its way. They are now Blue State Country. They wear the hats and sing about drinking, trucks and beaches.. but thats about it.

Country music and it's artists are a front more than anything now days. Pandering to a specific demographic. Providing a false sense of patriotism while bending over for the WOKE society in the dressing room.

Honestly, I never even listened/watched them, I get my country fix via the radio, and I want as much old-school as the new stuff mixed in, this skilly jeans wanna be stuff ain't country music!
I see some one in the comments mentioned the Dixie Chicks, ( the ones who said they were ashamed of being Texans) that's what happens when you piss folks off, you get canceled hard!

I agree with @Mathais that the new country music isn't worth listening to !
I'm an old country boy that grew up with country music but rarely watch CMT or its affiliates and now ALL of these 'woke ' channels will be deleted from my t.v. schedule !
BITE ME CMT !!! :mad:

I don't recognize hick hop and the other garbage they play as country music
This ^^ is great! I think I'll use it! I've never done much country, but it's one of my two choices I listen to while re-loading. Pretty much needs to be mid '70s or older.

Not surprising really. Irritating, but not surprising. You don't expand your congregation by preaching to the converted. Unfortunately for them, their lack of foresight is probably going to come back and bite them in the bubblegum as the people they offend search for other outlets that more closely reflect their own values. Might be an opportunity for some enterprising individual to capitalize on CMT's monumental blunder...

Honestly, I never even listened/watched them, I get my country fix via the radio, and I want as much old-school as the new stuff mixed in, this skilly jeans wanna be stuff ain't country music!
I see some one in the comments mentioned the Dixie Chicks, ( the ones who said they were ashamed of being Texans) that's what happens when you piss folks off, you get canceled hard!
I listened to a local "country" station yesterday where some of the music had a rap-country vibe. Nope. Nope. Nope. Next...

Just liked Dolly's tata's, although her voice was kind of shrill.

Dolly Parton.jpg

I listened to a local "country" station yesterday where some of the music had a rap-country vibe. Nope. Nope. Nope. Next...
Heard one of those too... AWFUL

Country Music died a long time ago. I don't recognize hick hop and the other garbage they play as country music
"Hick Hop", lol. Love it, I'm going to use that.

Country and rap are similar in that they represent(ed) a culture. Once rap went pop, it became more marketable, but drifted from its roots. Same thing now with country.
^^this is an astute observation. I've been saying this for years. There are a lot of parallels between rap and country music. You might hear ACDC at a Honky Tonk but you'll never hear Nirvana or Elton John. But I am always surprised how many times I've heard an old Dr. Dre track. A lot of these country boys like their sound systems and their bass just as much as their urban counterparts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top