Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Country Living Grain Mill (BNIB)

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Decidion, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

My wife and I wanted to get a really high quality grain mill and after doing some research, we decided on a Country Living Grain mill. These are considered to be one of the best (if not the best) hand crank mills available. We had previously tried 2 different cheap ($100) mills and aside from the shoddy construction, the flour quality and throughput left a lot to be desired.

We ended up having to buy 4 of them to get a discount. I have sold one (plus one for ourselves) and we have two left, along with power bars for both.

The Country Living Grain Mill

Here are a couple of reviews on these mills:
    Good, Bad, and the Ugly: Comparing Grain Mills: Country Living Mill Review
    Country Living Grain Mill Review
    Review: Country Living Grain Mill- It’s the best there is! | Health, Home, & Happiness

Since getting ours we have been using it and it works very well and know it will stand the test of time.

We want to sell the other two (brand new in the box) for $375 each, including the power bar. They retail for $409 + $25.95 (for the power bar) and will last you a lifetime. If you live in the Portland area, we can meet up so there would be no shipping costs either.

2. Decidion

Bump, still have two for sale.

3. Decidion

Bump, still have one for sale...

4. Redstick

Redstick WA Member

What's the "power bar"?

5. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

The power bar is in the second picture. It extends the leverage for the handle so that you have to apply less force to turn the crank. Without the power bar, the handle attaches approximately where the bolt is shown. You can see the handle's regular placement in the first photo.

6. Decidion

Its the black metal extension you bolt to the flywheel for added leverage. Without this, the wood handle attaches directly to the flywheel. If you plan on grinding more than a loaf's worth of flour every couple of days, it's highly recommended.

By the way I am moving very soon and really want to sell this last one. I bet you could even talk me into taking a $25 loss and picking it up for $350.

7. Decidion

All sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.