JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting post... video didn't load, but I did read the background.

The one thing I'm still grappling with somewhat is whether direct confrontation really the best? I look at the balkanization between the two political extremes in our society and generally it turns into what would be best described as a "pissing contest" by even the most strict of definitions.

I realize that in the scope of a protest it's not really possible to engage in a polite discourse of ideas and that trial by champion may spare the masses a violent fate. However, the approach I'm becoming more interested in is coopting the message of the other-side ad absurdum, because frankly, I don't think people learn anything when they are left to swelter in the sauna that is people that all think like you do.

Reasonably, it seems that some type of counter point needs to be made to the current press for background checks. Personally, I don't want to sell a firearm to a prohibited person, at the same time, I'm not sure another intrusive government program is a good way to achieve that. However the thing I wonder about, government court records are public records, thus it should be relatively straight-forward to determine if someone has been convicted of a felony, or misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. Why don't governments rather than creating a byzantine background check system that requires the aid of an FFL, instead have a web page that you can put some personal info in, and validate whether someone is prohibited?

Straw purchasing is prohibited, and it can be relatively simple to figure out who straw purchasers are. Having worked the retail end of the firearms industry, you could spot the straw purchases, usually we would report them to the manager and he had a fancy way of creating enough of a headache for the would-be buyer that they wouldn't come back.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top