JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm pulling some 10 round rotary mags apart to put them into Doublekross thingamajiggies from Tandemkross.

I got the mags from GunMag Warehouse, not Ruger.

Two things I noticed: the reds for the rotor are very different. Also, I needed to mark the nut so I attempted to scratch it with my knife. One nut scratched easily. The other didn't scratch at all with my knife and then barely took a scratch with a screwdriver...possibly indicating different metals in use.

What could cause this?

(No, it's not just the lighting. They're drastically different reds.)
AE69925E-05EB-4F59-9458-F836275330BC.jpeg

(Yes, it's blurry. I'm trying to highlight the scratches, which you can see at 3 o'clock on the nut)
5640C983-BCAA-4BFE-8F30-A3EDF1BC8A4D.jpeg

(For comparison, scratches also at 3 o'clock. These are from a screwdriver, not the same knife that made the above)
024D415A-F139-4686-BA59-CAA41B8343D7.jpeg

Last Edited:
Not enough color variation in my opinion to be counterfeit. I would also look for different injection molding parting lines, not seeing any in your pic. I doubt they are counterfeit...

But thanks for sharing, I might get one of these now. I like how compact they are for the extra capacity, even more compact than the Ruger BX 15rd mag.

I've never heard of knock off ruger mags. I imagine this is just a generation thing. Ruger making changes as needed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top