JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came across this from Jo Rae Perkins, the Republican candidate for U.S. Representative, district 4 in Oregon. It's similar to something being proposed down in Arizona as well.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Just in case you did not see my Counter Attack to IP 43, please see below.
I am working on the Petition filing paperwork. I will need 2 more Chief Petitioners. If you are serious about helping, please send an email to [email protected]
Thank you very much. ~ Jo Rae Perkins

I suggest a counter Petition - That would negate IP43 -

"No laws shall be passed with regards to the style or type of firearm any legal person in the State of Oregon may legally own.
Nor shall the size of the magazine, nor the type of grip be banned in the state of Oregon, nor any attachments, including sound suppression, nor any parts to make firearms.
Nor shall any person be compelled to register or surrender their firearms, nor shall any person in lawful possession of 'large capacity' magazines, be required to register or surrender them.
Nor shall any attachments which are approved by the ATF be banned or registration thereof be required. In consideration of the requirement every elected or appointed official in the State of Oregon be required to take an Oath or Affirm they will uphold and protect both the U.S. and Oregon Constitutions.

"The passage of this measure is in full agreement with: The U.S. Constitution, 2nd Amendment to the Bill Rights, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." and Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution :"The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

Naturally the text would need to be refined. But I think it should be written and filed immediately. Take it to the gun shows. We will get 1,000 signatures immediately. Then get more than 88,000 for the November election. This is doable. We can complain, rally and take no action, or we can look at this type of action as well as other tactics which I explained yesterday in my live video. If you are looking for a Candidate who is going to take action in DC to protect your rights, look no father than Jo Rae Perkins. Your financial contributions are welcomed! However, I am not posting this because we need finances for the campaign, I post it because I am 100% American and will and do stand up for our Constitution.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Now, wouldn't it be interesting if this could either be a ballot measure this coming November, or even be official legislation earlier than that...

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED PEOPLE !!!!!!!! I'M IN AND AM CONTACTING JO RAE RIIIIIIIIIIGGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1,000 signatures is a no brainer when there 19,000 people here !!!!!! 1/3rd of that is roughly 6333 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can we get petitions in every LGS in the state? I can help with the local ones (Portland area).

Make it happen, Captain! :D
@Joe Link how would we go about rallying the troups through here? Maybe every one swing through the Peoples Republik of Moscow on the Willamette on certain days, a few volunteers from here to collect signatures perhaps?

We need an attorney to write the thing in a way that makes is legal, binding, and bulletproof.

Agreed! I don't want to volunteer some one, but maybe one of our well written members would give it a once over! @etrain16 @Stomper @3M-TA3 would be steller at it!
Give it as good simple turn of phrase that any one can understand, and further no one can despute, should stand on its own!
JMHO!

How can we get petitions in every LGS in the state? I can help with the local ones (Portland area).

Interesting question. The name and address of every FFL, other than collectors (03FFL), is public record and anyone with a browser can download a spreadsheet containing all of them for a given state. A mass mailing with a cover letter and the petitions, could be sent out to them. There are over 1,700 FFLs in Oregon. How many customers they have is going to vary quite a bit, but that is still the ability to reach a lot of folks. To keep costs at a manageable level, there could have a cover letter and a few petition sheets, but a link to a PDF version they can print plenty more of.

Yeah, as soon as he gets it written/edited to where it can be submitted, I would be happy to help distribute petition sheets around this area.

Once the 1,000 signatures was obtain, and that really should be pretty easy, I wonder if we could get the NRA, OFF, GOA, etc., involved. Their ability to reach pro-2A folks could make a huge difference in getting to the needed 88,000.

I can't help but think we should be doing this in WA also.

Honestly, it would be a really good idea. Get this onto Washington State's books before any initiative similar to IP 43 comes up.

I for one am going to be joining in the efforts to help Jo Rae Perkins and her other sponsors get this initiative going. To anyone else who wants to help directly, email the address in the original post. Jo Rae Perkins' staff will forward more information to you on how and where to get involved.

Id even go to a gun show to sign!
Sign hell. I'm gonna go collect signatures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make sure to collect mine!

Shouldn't be to hard, a few gun shows, visit every gun shop in Oregon (i already do :) ), maybe even a couple college campuses in Eastern Oregon, bhahaha. Have a get together just so people from this site can sign it!(MODs: please stop having those in downtown Portland)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top