JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My reading of the Washington legislation is that if you already have a completed 80% that was finished prior to September 2019 (like how would anyone but yourself know that o_O ), then it's grandfathered in. That didn't change, did it? If it did, I missed it. Is this thread about some Oregon legislation?
its grandfathered except you have to get it serialized at an FFL by sometime next year.
thats why I would wait for the ATF ruling before anyone personal serializes their gun. At least dont do it on the blank serial number plate.

3d printing is there. I just printed a Glock 20 Frame and Hoffman Tactical lowers are pretty damn durable. There are even true 0% designs like the ARK and the Bidens Bane upper which is in beta at the moment.

And there are reliable 3d printed mags available up to a 77 Round pistol drum mag.
Which printer did you go with? It's a thing I want to get into…sooooo.many.options…

its grandfathered except you have to get it serialized at an FFL by sometime next year.
thats why I would wait for the ATF ruling before anyone personal serializes their gun. At least dont do it on the blank serial number plate.
It was not my understanding, nor the understanding of William Kirk, Esq. of Washington Gun Law website, that Washingtonians had to serialize any "ghost gun" completed before September 2019. Our legislation (HB 1705) strictly pre-empted that requirement. HB 1705 states that guns finished after September of 2019 are required to be serialized. Did something change?

Granted, I don't keep a real tight eye on the 3D world, but everything I've seen, including the recent 3D only competition, tells me... "durable" and "reliable" are subjective. 3D prints, that might mean.. it'll hold together and functions reliably... for awhile, but still a continuous dispose and replace part. Or, in a nearly fully printed firearm, overall lifespan is only a fraction of a conventionally built firearm.

To me, "durable" and "reliable" means... 100% under all conditions for the life of the firearms main conventional components. There is quite a massive gap between those 2 interpretations, IMHO.
There are AR lowers at over 5k (10k?) rounds and glock lowers at a couple thousand printed in plain PLA. As with anything you make it takes some tinkering but if you've done 80% it's about the same as getting an 80% reliable. With some post printing techniques the strength is as high as polymer injection molded frames like glocks.

If you build them right they'll last as long as you need them and if something breaks print a new one.

Also the FGC 9 is seeing real use right now in Myanmar.

It was not my understanding, nor the understanding of William Kirk, Esq. of Washington Gun Law website, that Washingtonians had to serialize any "ghost gun" completed before September 2019. Our legislation (HB 1705) strictly pre-empted that requirement. Did something change?
Nothing changed. Its quite possible that its -my- 'mis'understanding.
Its what I thought anyways.

Nothing changed. Its quite possible that its -my- 'mis'understanding.
Its what I thought anyways.
Washington's HB 1705 states that guns finished after September of 2019 are required to be serialized. That's the last I heard.

Basically, if one bought the 80% lower before September 2019, but one didn't finish the lower until after that date, then it has to be serialized.
If the lower was finished before September 2019, then it's totally grandfathered with no serialization required.

His pre 09/19's don't... for the time being. They don't fall under the "possession" definition for those bits of legislation. Any built after that date must have them serialized by that 2023(?) date.

When was it again? August 24.. 2023?

On edit: Already answered. :s0155:

Sounds like the countdown is long over for Washington folks....
I dunno. With the new SCOTUS ruling it seems like some of those measures are ripe for renewed challenge. It would be beautiful to see a states infringement laws getting rolled back and shat on. ;)

Last Edited:
Sounds like the countdown is long over for Washington folks....
Eee-yup! That all went down at the end of the last legislative session in March, along with "high-cap" mags and 2A rights restoration.
Hoping that yesterday's SCOTUS ruling will gut all that shiit.

the new SCOTUS ruling might affect (ie, reverse) magazine capacity laws someday but I dont see it affecting ghost gun laws, I think.
if it does its gonna be a while anyways, someones gotta challenge it and appeal it all the way to the top.

Didn't read all of 'em, but isn't this moot with the new ruling yesterday? The historical tradition is these have been legal only up until recently. So I'm pretty sure most of these laws with be used for t.p. Now.
Also I wouldn't mark them either way, the way Washington law YT hero explains it, its only new ones made after the I1639 went into effect in 2019. And they don't necessarily need to be registered just marked even if so.

I wouldn't mark any of them. I'd wait. Mark them only if alterior reasons like ordinary tracking on your end like a responsible person should do to incase of theft.

And they don't necessarily need to be registered just marked even if so.
Self marking is not sufficient... from what I understand. Serializing them would require an FFL licensed to apply it under specific guidelines. I'm not an FFL and don't know exactly what that process is, but I believe, in that process the firearm would be at least recorded in the FFL's records and have some type of paperwork or reporting process to the ATF. Just as MFG's do when a new firearm is produced and serialized.

The ATF may claim (in their twisted reality) that there is no gun registry, but we all know that's a load of soggy horse apples. The FOIA discovery proved that.

In my own mind, having a firearm serialized by an FFL it exactly the same as registering your firearm with the ATF. Call it what they want, but once any paper trail is established on your 80% build.... it is for all intents and purposes a "registered firearm".

They know if they make us serialize them the ones people have made already will not go over well and hard to control every citizen. They will make the sale illegal with out serialized parts from purchase. It's easy to control a company and bigger the company easier to control. Same thing with the 94 ban They stopped the manufacturing part and it had a big impact on parts and weapon sales. You will have to pay someone with a 07 FFL License to have a serial number added and registered with ATF. it's going to cost enough just to buy another lower. The last court ruling hopefully will make them reconsider their full description on their rule.

Last Edited:
showing stuff in stock at 80-lower.com.. pf80 for the major glock styles, and then this "lone wolf" for like have the price... whats up w the lone wolf? any good?
I've built one with the Lonewolf, the rail attachment is interesting, they are basically glued in, it should be strong enough and i havent had any issues with it. The "machining" was easier but the jig kind of sucks it needs to be clamped in you cant just drill from either side like a polymer 80. Big plus is it fits standard glock holsters. It also is much slimmer then the p80 grip.

20220624_221424.jpg
Grip cut to 26 length with a PSA dagger slide

20220624_221448.jpg
Glued in plug for the rails

20220624_222048.jpg
Grip comparison.

Last Edited:
I've built one with the Lonewolf, the rail attachment is interesting, they are basically glued in, it should be strong enough and i havent had any issues with it. The "machining" was easier but the jig kind of sucks it needs to be clamped in you cant just drill from either side like a polymer 80. Big plus is it fits standard glock holsters.
that is a big plus. ill grab both.. thanks!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top