JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
60 days left until the new ATF rule takes affect on 80%'ers. Prices are slowing starting to creep up... jumping the already high $60 range to the $100+... but still a few "okay" deals to be had.

Joeboboutfitters has some anodized andersons for 55 and non-anodized matrix arms for 50.

More and more normal outlets are "out of stock" so get em while you still can.

can we recap on what the new ruling will be? Are they prohibiting possession or sales?
I think it's that they'll have to be serialized and will then follow the normal route of gun sales.

So…helloooooo 75%'s. No matter what number they came up with, we're going to go just under it. It's just what enterprising people do.

At least until 3D printers and desktop CNC's start coming in at under a grand. At that point I think the 80% market will be dead in favor of just mill it yourself.

can we recap on what the new ruling will be? Are they prohibiting possession or sales?
That get's complicate, depending on where you live, but the intent of this thead and just talking about pre rule purchases... after the rule goes into affect they will be no different than any other firearm. However that translates for your in whatever juridiction you might live.

At least until 3D printers and desktop CNC's start coming in at under a grand. At that point I think the 80% market will be dead in favor of just mill it yourself.
I dunno. I don't think the table top CNC market will have any impact on the death of the 80% market. A take up of the slack maybe, but not many will pony up the start up costs of a CNC solution, IMHO. Considering the relatively low number of lowers I might want to build, it's too rich for my blood.

The criminal enterprises turning them out by the 100's certainly will though. 🤣

Well played Brandon!!!

Last Edited:
ok, so if they are gonna require them to be serialized then it wont matter if they are 80%, 75% ...or 0%. After the rule all kits will be 100%, you wont have to drill them...

ok, so if they are gonna require them to be serialized then it wont matter if they are 80%, 75% ...or 0%. After the rule all kits will be 100%, you wont have to drill them...
That's why talk toward 0%'s (ie., table top CNC's, 3D printing, etc.) has had a lot of traction. Any % will still fall within the ATF rule so.... 0%'s will really be all that's viable.

Edit: I should say... for thost whose main intent is to avoid any defacto registration. There would still be some home buiders wanting to do serialized 80%'s simply for the fun of it or to modifiy and express their artistic sides, IMO.

I think it's that they'll have to be serialized and will then follow the normal route of gun sales.

So…helloooooo 75%'s. No matter what number they came up with, we're going to go just under it. It's just what enterprising people do.

I was looking at one cnc mill for 350, its smaller but if you tweak the design....

If others can use the software then so could I, creating a clamshell opened AR would be very doable.

My own thought is that there are really only a very few number of small companies that have been leading the way and dipping their toes into the table top CNC mfg market.

As the demand for 0%'s blows up, I have every confidence that the "big boys" will hop on that wagon and throw all kinds of money at it to produce a valid option for us average folk. If there's a buck to be made they'll all be fighting over it.

It make take awhile, but I think it's all but inevitable. Human spirit won't be bridled or infringed.

having just had a break-in (some one we know) and having a hand gun go missing. since they are for me i will be putting my name and last 4 that way (i thought "not me") if it grows leg's and walks off you at least have a something to search for

...since they are for me i will be putting my name and last 4
It's each persons call, but I hesitate to put any kind of personal info on any firearm. They are for my own use, but I won't be around forever and, privacy issues aside, I wouldn't want to hurt the possible resale value if one of my posterity decided to part with it.

Mine... I ordered a custom metal stamp with a unique symbol on it. I ain't tellin' how many stamps might be on a single firearm I own, what it looks like or where they might be located, though. :s0155:

My own thought is that there are really only a very few number of small companies that have been leading the way and dipping their toes into the table top CNC mfg market.

As the demand for 0%'s blows up, I have every confidence that the "big boys" will hop on that wagon and throw all kinds of money at it to produce a valid option for us average folk. If there's a buck to be made they'll all be fighting over it.

It make take awhile, but I think it's all but inevitable. Human spirit won't be bridled or infringed.
3d printing is there. I just printed a Glock 20 Frame and Hoffman Tactical lowers are pretty damn durable. There are even true 0% designs like the ARK and the Bidens Bane upper which is in beta at the moment.

And there are reliable 3d printed mags available up to a 77 Round pistol drum mag.

My reading of the Washington legislation is that if you already have a completed 80% that was finished prior to September 2019 (like how would anyone but yourself know that o_O ), then it's grandfathered in. That didn't change, did it? If it did, I missed it. Is this thread about some Oregon legislation?

3d printing is there. I just printed a Glock 20 Frame and Hoffman Tactical lowers are pretty damn durable.
Granted, I don't keep a real tight eye on the 3D world, but everything I've seen, including the recent 3D only competition, tells me... "durable" and "reliable" are subjective. 3D prints, that might mean.. it'll hold together and functions reliably... for awhile, but still a continuous dispose and replace part. Or, in a nearly fully printed firearm, overall lifespan is only a fraction of a conventionally built firearm.

To me, "durable" and "reliable" means... 100% under all conditions for the life of the firearms main conventional components. There is quite a massive gap between those 2 interpretations, IMHO.

My reading of the Washington legislation is that if you already have a completed 80% that was finished prior to September 2019 (like how would anyone but yourself know that o_O ), then it's grandfathered in. That didn't change, did it? If it did, I missed it. Is this thread about some Oregon legislation?
Nope. No change for pre-09/19... as far as I know either.
The thread wasn't intended for any discussion about state specific legislation. Only the availability of unserialized 80%'s before the ATF rule takes effect.

A "buy em while you can"... who's got em in-stock for a decent price... countdown reminder.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads