JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I complained to myself about all those MP5 F/A selling for $3500.....
Yep, this. Last year at the ARPC gun show in Albany, a class III dealer had 2 FA Uzis for sale, $6500 and $6900. I should have bought one on the spot, but I figured I had time. Ha. Now they are more like $12K.

Shoulda sold off the (then) wife instead, she has cost me TENS UPON TENS UPON TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars, and still has a hand in my pocket (legally) 13 years after the divorce!
Should have "accidentally" run her over with your truck. You'd be out of the correctional facility before 13 years passed.

I grind my teeth over the back pages of the gun and "Men's Adventure" mags of the '50's! they had pages of every military surplus firearm from the first half of the twentieth century, U.S. or foreign! A couple if the prices I remember are a gvt surplus 1911, $29 and a Luger 9mm, $19, an Enfield .38 about $12. Mail order, no paperwork, just send money!

I missed out on a semi auto 1919 for $800, my excuse to myself was 308 was to expensive for a belt fed. Walking by mini dracos at Portland gun show for $350, now people want $1500. $50 for 1000 rds of 7.62x39.

I thought recently this would be a good topic, now as I'm writing these I'm just getting bummed out....

When I was stationed in Del Rio Texas 1960-1963 (Air Force) we used to buy old Lugers at the pawn shop for $40-$45, shoot em a few times and re-sell them for good time money in Mexico. They also had barrels of old military rifles for $19.95 and up.
I do believe that is hindsight.....dang it!!

Driving cross-country in 1985, I stopped for gas in the middle of the night somewhere in AZ or NW and saw a Marlin 12ga pump for $60 that I could've grabbed for $50. I had a Winchester Ranger in the trunk and figured I only needed one.

About the same time, I bought a new Mini 30 at a gunshow in San Diego. Decided to get only 8-10 boxes of ammo at $1.79 each, knowing I could pay $1.49 ea. for a whole case "anytime."

Also the same year, a buddy offered me a beautifully weathered Winchester 94 for $60. I needed a day to "think about it." He traded it for a surfboard later that evening... to take with him to Hawaii! Numbnuts.

Nothing I'll regret forever, but I've learned to be a little more decisive... I think.

I grind my teeth over the back pages of the gun and "Men's Adventure" mags of the '50's! they had pages of every military surplus firearm from the first half of the twentieth century, U.S. or foreign! A couple if the prices I remember are a gvt surplus 1911, $29 and a Luger 9mm, $19, an Enfield .38 about $12. Mail order, no paperwork, just send money!

I have a few NRA mags from the early '60s. They have the full page ads of all kinds of guns for what we would now consider dirt cheap. It's hard to not drool on those pages...

Back min the '80's my buddy and I would buy 1911 kits from Springfield Arms for 165 bucks, we'd put them together in just a few minutes then sell them for 300 bucks a piece. Didn't take long for Springfield to put the kay-bosh on that. We never did build one for either of us.

Back in the 1960's USGI M1 Carbines for $20. Looking back, a truck load of them would not have been enough at that price.

I remember seeing the same thing at the original GI Joe's when it was in that big old tent next to Delta Park.
There were barrels of them for around the same price. You had to yank them out three at a time to shake a couple loose.
Most people I knew bought them for plinking around the hunting camp because the ammo was dirt cheap.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top