Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Could've, Would've, Should've.......

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by JoeZeon, Nov 10, 2013.

1. JoeZeon

JoeZeon Portland Member

I remember just after graduation me and a buddy of mine had saved $100 each and we had planned to hit up Big 5 for their 3 Mosin's for $100 deal. Sadly we spent that money on more simple things. :(

What's your story? Crates upon crates of Chi-Com ammo? $70 SKS's? Garands? Let all that frustration out!!

2. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

When I first moved to GP 5years ago I saw a Barrett 50 cal at Medford Sportmanware House was selling for $2000,and it was there forever. I spend $2,600 on a M1A EBR stock with few modified. Now the Barrett itself price up to $12,000 for the same model :-( my M1A EBR stock is still around $2,600 :).

When I worked at Intel I was going to buy FA MP5 for 12-14k, I did not understand the process of owning Full-Auto so I let it passed me. Now it is around 30k :)

3. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground was where I spent most of my days...

JoeZeon, BDA.45, titsonritz and 14 others like this.
  4. luke23

luke23 United States (Hawai'i island, Olympic Pen. WA) Active Member

When I was new to rifles and went to buy a Mosin, I picked the shinier one over a 1943 dated M44. ie, I passed over a rare Mosin because it wasn't pretty. Sure as hell learned my lesson on that.

5. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I was financially able to buy dozens of FA firearms before the '86 ban went into effect, but didn't. Pre-86, most FA firearms sold for at most 50% above their comparable SA models.

Keith

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I complained to myself about all those MP5 F/A selling for $3500.....

7. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I remember a time when Colt 1911s sat on dealers tables at shows and went unsold. I remember three figure Pythons. I remember passing on an 'old Army .45' (for $250 with original holster) but turned it down because it wasn't a Colt, but had the markings on the side, 'Mfg. by the S. Mfg. Company'......

8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Could've, bought a Korean War era select fire M1 Carbine from a friend's uncle for only a hundred bucks, but passed on it, because someone told me that once I transferred the tax stamp into my name, the ATF had the right to come in my house at any time and examine the rifle.

Would've, bought a sizable Winchester collection from an elderly gentleman for a "very" reasonable price, but chose to wait a couple of days that were more convenient for my schedule, and some guy from the retirement home stops by his house and weasels the collection away from me.

Should've, not married the first wife.

orygun, JoeZeon, Burt Gummer and 3 others like this.
  9. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Oh man.....what a can of worms you opened with this thread, I'm going to be depressed for the rest of the day.
    I don't know how many firearms I've passed over down the years because I thought I could get one later for the same price or because I thought the price was too high at the time. What an idiot I am.
    Everything from vintage never fired 1911's, captured weapons from WW2, vintage rifles and shotguns, how many of us probably turned down buying a crate of SKS's or Mosin Nagants because he thought they'll always be cheap?

[video=youtube_share;g6GuEswXOXo]http://youtu.be/g6GuEswXOXo[/video]

10. BlindedByScience

BlindedByScience Vancouver WA Well-Known Member

When I was in Engineering School (and very broke) I remember seeing an ad for Powder Springs MAC10's WITH the Sionics can, new in the box....for $900.00. There was more than one.

Might as well have been nine million dollars at the time.....damn. Practical....no, not really....fun as hell...you bet.

11. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Passed on a Python for $200, because I already had to many .357 mags. :storm:

12. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The only one that stands out in my mind was a Winchester 1895 in .30-03 Govt. I didn't know that you could shoot 30-06 thru it, or I would have bought it. That Winchester is now worth about 4 times it's price on that day, while the revolver I bought instead isn't worth much more than what I paid for it...

13. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Don't you wish it was "the other way 'round"

14. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I remember buying a Polytech AKS-762 Legend side-folder for $250 NIB, then a couple years later letting my (then) wife badger me into selling it. I sold if for $500 to my BIL, so at least it's still in the family (sorta).... Shoulda sold off the (then) wife instead, she has cost me TENS UPON TENS UPON TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars, and still has a hand in my pocket (legally) 13 years after the divorce!

15. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I kinda wish I had bought a very nice Johnson rifle from a close friend about 20 years ago for $500. That was a sweet shooting heavy rifle and even back then was a smoking deal. I had "enough" guns though.. I woulda kept it forever. kick

16. Ligito

Ligito Oregon Active Member

$35 for a .30 Luger, in the mid 50's.
    My parents wouldn't let me buy it.

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

All water under the bridge. Probably would have,or did sell them anyway.
    Just what I do.

18. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Paid $175 out the door for my Series 70 Colt 1911 in 38 Super. So glad I passed on the Llama Comanche.

19. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Knowing what I know now, I would have had stock in Magpul...

But seriously, knowing how scarce bullets are and how much I love to shoot I should have gotten into reloading.

20. aflineman

aflineman Both South of Eugene and East of Portland. Active Member

Oh, I am covered on the Colt .357.