JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I remember just after graduation me and a buddy of mine had saved $100 each and we had planned to hit up Big 5 for their 3 Mosin's for $100 deal. Sadly we spent that money on more simple things. :(

What's your story? Crates upon crates of Chi-Com ammo? $70 SKS's? Garands? Let all that frustration out!!

When I first moved to GP 5years ago I saw a Barrett 50 cal at Medford Sportmanware House was selling for $2000,and it was there forever. I spend $2,600 on a M1A EBR stock with few modified. Now the Barrett itself price up to $12,000 for the same model :-( my M1A EBR stock is still around $2,600 :).

When I worked at Intel I was going to buy FA MP5 for 12-14k, I did not understand the process of owning Full-Auto so I let it passed me. Now it is around 30k :)

I was financially able to buy dozens of FA firearms before the '86 ban went into effect, but didn't. Pre-86, most FA firearms sold for at most 50% above their comparable SA models.

Keith

I remember a time when Colt 1911s sat on dealers tables at shows and went unsold. I remember three figure Pythons. I remember passing on an 'old Army .45' (for $250 with original holster) but turned it down because it wasn't a Colt, but had the markings on the side, 'Mfg. by the S. Mfg. Company'......

Could've, bought a Korean War era select fire M1 Carbine from a friend's uncle for only a hundred bucks, but passed on it, because someone told me that once I transferred the tax stamp into my name, the ATF had the right to come in my house at any time and examine the rifle.

Would've, bought a sizable Winchester collection from an elderly gentleman for a "very" reasonable price, but chose to wait a couple of days that were more convenient for my schedule, and some guy from the retirement home stops by his house and weasels the collection away from me.

Should've, not married the first wife.

Oh man.....what a can of worms you opened with this thread, I'm going to be depressed for the rest of the day.
I don't know how many firearms I've passed over down the years because I thought I could get one later for the same price or because I thought the price was too high at the time. What an idiot I am.
Everything from vintage never fired 1911's, captured weapons from WW2, vintage rifles and shotguns, how many of us probably turned down buying a crate of SKS's or Mosin Nagants because he thought they'll always be cheap?

[video=youtube_share;g6GuEswXOXo]http://youtu.be/g6GuEswXOXo[/video]

When I was in Engineering School (and very broke) I remember seeing an ad for Powder Springs MAC10's WITH the Sionics can, new in the box....for $900.00. There was more than one.

Might as well have been nine million dollars at the time.....damn. Practical....no, not really....fun as hell...you bet.

The only one that stands out in my mind was a Winchester 1895 in .30-03 Govt. I didn't know that you could shoot 30-06 thru it, or I would have bought it. That Winchester is now worth about 4 times it's price on that day, while the revolver I bought instead isn't worth much more than what I paid for it...

I remember buying a Polytech AKS-762 Legend side-folder for $250 NIB, then a couple years later letting my (then) wife badger me into selling it. I sold if for $500 to my BIL, so at least it's still in the family (sorta).... Shoulda sold off the (then) wife instead, she has cost me TENS UPON TENS UPON TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars, and still has a hand in my pocket (legally) 13 years after the divorce!

I kinda wish I had bought a very nice Johnson rifle from a close friend about 20 years ago for $500. That was a sweet shooting heavy rifle and even back then was a smoking deal. I had "enough" guns though.. I woulda kept it forever. kick

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top