JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is quite a bit the ATF is doing at the moment to change gun rights/laws. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Just wish the NRA would do more. But I believe that even they have an agenda.

Go ahead call me crazy ;p

In the Klinton era ATF has already outlawed a series of shotguns,, Streetsweepers, AR12s, Strikers, etc.. by the absurd act of reclassifying them as "destructive devices" and none of the spineless cowards we can congressmen did anything to stop or overturn it. So you bet it can happen again just about any time

And an ar15 is a sporting rifle. . Unfortunately the lines aren't so black and white for them and they can classify it differently.

I use and many use the ar platform as a hunting rifle... But that's not what the BATF see it as. So what's to say they change this to make it less acceptable to the uninformed and an eventual outlaw?

I'd say the Brady laws that banned the import of AK47s among other rifles... Automatic weapons, suppressors in some states. Chicago just overturned (8 months ago) laws that prohibited handguns and pistols in city limits.... Many states have bans mags above 10rnds....

And those others would be...?

All the shotguns that are now listed as DD and AOW. The main ones are USAS12, Streetsweeper and the striker 12. The ATF also wanted the Mossberg 500 bullpup on that list but it did not make it (thats a "normal" shotgun right?).

Then of course before 1934 were was no such thing even as an NFA shotgun so if your shotgun had 14" barrels it was no issue.

With the ATF, you're free to believe you're free. They clearly are above freedom, and can change things how they see fit. The ATF should be gone away with, it was founded for poor reasons in the first place.

And an ar15 is a sporting rifle. . Unfortunately the lines aren't so black and white for them and they can classify it differently.

I use and many use the ar platform as a hunting rifle... But that's not what the BATF see it as. So what's to say they change this to make it less acceptable to the uninformed and an eventual outlaw?

Where in the 2A does it say "hunting, BATF, Sporing", or any other similar term? That is the true problem.

I'd say the Brady laws that banned the import of AK47s among other rifles... Automatic weapons, suppressors in some states. Chicago just overturned (8 months ago) laws that prohibited handguns and pistols in city limits.... Many states have bans mags above 10rnds....

Brady law has nothing to do with the import ban, that was the 1989 ban on importation of "non-sporting" firearms. Brady also had nothing to do with "Automatic weapons, suppressors in some states". There is a Federal law that deals with NFA items that has been in effect since 1934. States have the right to make their own rules too.

Here is the Brady law right from the ATF, ATF Online - Firearms - Brady Law / NICS

Brady Law / NICS
On November 30, 1993, the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act was enacted, amending the Gun Control Act of 1968. The Brady Law imposed as an interim measure a waiting period of 5 days before a licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer may sell, deliver, or transfer a handgun to an unlicensed individual. The waiting period applies only in states without an acceptable alternate system of conducting background checks on handgun purchasers. The interim provisions of the Brady law became effective on February 28, 1994, and ceased to apply on November 30, 1998. While the interim provisions of the Brady law apply only to handguns, the permanent provisions of the Brady law apply to all firearms.

I apologize for my mis information on the imports, as for applying to suppressors and automatics I was
Just making another point of right infringement. I was under the impression they the Brady law had more to do with the imports issue
Especially from china

Major milestone infringements

1934, National Firearms Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1968, Gun Control Act of 1968 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1986, Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1989, There was an amendment to the GCA. Imported guns were reevaluated and a list of "evil" features were made. It is hard to find direct info on this but this is the same as the 1994 AWB list.
1993, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1994, Federal Assault Weapons Ban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course there is more but those are the big ones.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top